STUDY OF GRID SYNCHRONIZATION TECHNIQUES FOR DISTRIBUTED GENERATION SYSTEM CONSIDERING GRID UNDER ABNORMAL CONDITION
Author’s Name : Veeresha K B | Kumari Rashmi Gobbi
Volume 07 Issue 02 Year 2020 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 7-12
Increase in global electrical energy consumption, has led to increase in demand on power capacity, efficient production, distribution and utilization of energy. To meet this increased demand, reliable alternative is renewable energy sources like wind, solar, etc. Distributed power generation systems based on renewable energy resources needs to be controlled properly, otherwise, it will cause problems on grid side. Hence grid synchronization must be done before connecting these systems to utility network which is the most important issue. This paper discusses the best method (in terms of accuracy and fast response) of grid synchronization technique for power converter. From the results it can be seen that proposed synchronization method detects accurate phase angle and amplitude even under distorted condition than conventional synchronization method.
Key Words: global electrical energy, synchronization, grid, amplitude
- Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and A. V. Timbus, “Overview of Control and Grid Synchronization for Distributed Power Generation Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1398-1409, 2006.
- F. Blaabjerg, Z. Chen and S. Kjaer, “Power Electronics as Efficient Interface in Dispersed Power Generation Systems,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol . 19, no. 5, pp. 1184-1194, Sep.2004.
- A. Timbus, R. Teodorescu, F. Blaabjerg and M. Liserre, “Synchronization Methods for three Phase Distributed Power Generation Systems. An Overview and Evaluation,” in Proc. 2005 Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2005. PESC ‟05. IEEE 36th, pp. 2474-2481.
- FANG Xiong, WANG Yue, LI Ming, WANG Ke and LEI Wanjun, “A Novel PLL for Grid Synchronization of Power Electronic Converters in Unbalanced and Variable-Frequency Environment,” Proc. of IEEE International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems: pp. 466-471, 2010.
- M. Karimi-Ghartemani and M. Iravani, “A method for synchronization of power electronic converters in polluted and variable-frequency environments,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 19, 3, pp. 1263–1270, Aug. 2004.
- P. Rodriguez, J. Pou, J. Bergas, J. I. Candela, R. P. Burgos and D. Boroyevich, “Decoupled Double Synchronous Reference Frame PLL for Power Converters Control,” Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol.22, pp. 584-592, 2007.