A REVIEW ON UNDERWATER WELDING TECHNIQUES, ELECTRODES, EQUIPMENTS USED AND THEIR REQUIREMENTS
Author’s Name : Er. Surinder Kumar | Er. Deepak sharma| Er. Hardeep Kumar
Volume 07 Issue 01 Year 2020 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 8-11
Underwater welding is became most advance and modern technique of welding in the recent years. It is rapidly used in various countries such as India, USA and UAE etc because these countries are organizing the biggest infrastructures in now days. This process is being used as a production tool also. This review presents techniques of underwater welding to assist the development in the field metals and their joining to each other. There are various techniques and method are available of UWW (underwater welding). The selection of heat source, available electrodes, equipments and their requirements, applications and other problems associated with underwater welding have been discussed in this paper. The advantages and future work which can be carried out in this technique is also described in this paper, so this technique can be more accurate and powerful in the area of metal construction and other working areas of welding.
UWW, MMRW, TIG, MIG
- I. Khan, Shankar Lal “State of art in underwater welding” IE (1) Journal ME vol-56, pt ME 5 May 1976.
- E .Jackson. “The Science of Arc Welding-Part 1”.Welding Journal, vol-39, no 4, p 129(1960).
- G R Salter. “Gas Metal Reactions in Arc Welding”, British Welding Journal, vol-12, no 5, 1965, p 222.
- Madatov, N. M., “Underwater Welding Electrode with Coating Containing Iron Powder”, Welding Production, Vol-9, No. 8, pp 25. (1962).
- Silva, E. A. “An Investigation of Fusion Controlled Metallurgical Bonding in the Marine Environment,” Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, (1971).
- Brown, A., Staub, J. A., and Masubuchi, K., “Fundamental Study of Underwater Welding,” OTC 1621, pp. 55-64 (1972).
- Van Der Willingen P.C. Contact Arc Welding, Welding Journal, vol. 25, No. 5,pp. 313s-320s(1958).
- Brown, A.J. et al “Fundamental Research on Underwater Welding, “Report No. MITSG 74-29, (September 1974).
- Madatov, N. M., “Influence of the Parameters of the Underwater Welding Process on the Intensity of Metallurgical Reactions,” Welding Research Abroad, March, p. 63(1972).
- Waugh, R.C. & Eberlein, O.P., “ Underwater Metallic Arc Welding”, Welding Journal Research Supplement , Vol. 33, No. 10, pp.531-s to 534-s(1954).