TRANSFORMATION FROM: “HRM TO E-HRM”
Author’s Name : Aarti Sharma
Volume 03 Issue 03 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-7289 Page no: 1-4
Technology has touched and affected almost all the areas in every field. A person, an organization or any field has to cope up and walk along the changing requirements of technology so as to get the effective and optimum results. In the field of HRM too technology has played its eminent role in transforming its function from general to electronic by using internet and various technology tools. This transformational change using application and processing of IT tools & HR practices has been named as E-HRM. E-HRM enables refinement of HR operational processes, authorization of different HR functions, permitting distributed access to employees, execution and administration of different HR practices recasting the HR function making it more strategic in nature. Many big Organizations have executed and fruitfully adopted E-HRM approach as a rostrum for achieving desired transformational change resulting in reduced paper work and improvement in performance.
E- HRM, Transformational Change, HR Practices
- Gupta A.K, Management Information Systems published By Sultan Chand and Sons.
- Hempel, P.S. (2004) ‘Preparing the HR Profession for Technology and Information Work’, Human Resource Management Review, Vol. 43, No. 2/3, pp 163-167.
- Kane B.J. Crawford and Grant, D. (1999) Barriers To Effective HRM, International Journal Of Manpower, Vol.20, No.8, pp. 494-515.
- Kettley, P. and Reilly, P. (2003) ‘e-HR: An Introduction’, IES Report 398.
- Michael A. (2003), A Handbook Of Human Resource Management Practice.
- Research in e-HRM: Review and implications Human Resource Management Review 17 (2007) pp.19–37.
- Ruel H, T.Bondarouk and J.K.Looise, (2004) ‘E-HRM: Innovation Or Irritation: An Explorative Empirical Study In Five Large Companies On WebBased HRM’, Management Review, Vol 15, No.3, pp. 364-380.
- ‘Shaping Organization with e-HRM’, International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2010 ISSN: 2010-0248.
- Budhraja J “Workplace Challenges for Women in 21st Century” HRM Review, the ICFAI Business School 2008.
- Kumar K “Recruitment in Companies Changing Times” HRM Review, the ICFAI Business School 2008.
- Susan Meisinger “Challenges and Opportunities for HR” HR Magzine 2009.
- www.google.com 16. www.humanresourcesolution.com http://www.indianmba.com/Faculty_Column