DATA MINING FOR BUILDING AN INFORMED DECISION MAKING MODEL FOR CAREER PREDICTION
Author’s Name : S. Sathyavathi | N.Niraimathi |K.Priyadarshini
Volume 03 Issue 02 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 8-12
The impact of the credits on the career choice is determined by using mining tools classification (ID3, CHAID). The steps performed for mining the data is classification. The tool used is Rapid miner. The algorithm used for comparing the datasets using classification are ID3, CHAID, Decision tree are used for classification. The performance of the algorithm are compared and it was found that Decision tree provide the maximum accuracy for classifying the fittings prediction based on the skills.
Data mining, classification, Tree induction algorithms, ID3, CHAID, Decision tree.
- Ali Buldu Technical Education of Marmara University, Istanbul, 34722, Turkey “Data mining application on students’ data”.
- An Approach of Improving Student’s Academic Performance by using K-means clustering algorithm and Decision tree by Md. Hedayetul Islam Shovon,MahfuzaHaque.
- C.Anuradha Research Scholar, Bharathiyar University, “A Data Mining based Survey on Student Performance Evaluation System”.
- Educational data mining: A survey and a data mining-based analysis of recent works Alejandro Peña-Ayala.
- Evaluating Student’s Performance Using k-Means Clustering by Rakesh Kumar Arora, Dr. Dharmendra Badal.
- Identification of Potential Student Academic Ability using Comparison Algorithm K-Means and Farthest First by Athanasies O. P. DewiWiranto H. Utomo Sri Yulianto J. P.
- International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing IJCSMC, Vol. 2, Issue. 7, July 2013, Predicting Students Academic Performance Using Education Data Mining”.
- International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology Comparative Analysis of Decision Tree Classification Algorithms.
- International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Research Mohammed M. Abu Tair, Alaa M. El-Halees” Mining Educational Data to Improve Students’ Performance”.
- Islamic University of Gaza “MINING STUDENTS DATA TO ANALYZE LEARNING BEHAVIOR”.
- Paul Baeple “Academic Analytics and Data Mining in Higher Education”.
- Performance Analysis of Undergraduate Students Placement Selection using Decision Tree Algorithms by T. Jeevalatha, N.Ananthi, D. Shraavana Kumar.
- Predicting Student Academic Performance at Degree Level: A Case Study by Raheela Asif.
- Richard A. Huebner “A survey of educational data-mining research”.
- Ryan S.J.D. Baker, Teachers College, Columbia University “Educational Data Mining and Learning Analytics”.