ENERGY EFFICIENT TRACKING SMARTPHONE USERS USING ACTIVITY RECOGNITION &LOCATION-BASED SERVICES
Author’s Name : Abhishek | Sakshi Gotiwadkar | Vishal Sambyal | Yuvraj N N
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 1-3
The number of Smartphone users has increased tremendously over these past few years. Tracking a device through Smartphone comes with various sensor set which consumes a lot of power and continuous use of GPS drains the battery in few hours’.GPS capabilities in indoor conditions is not accurate. Alternative use of LBS can made for indoor locations. As battery life is main factor in such scenario which must be considered. This work proposed the combined approach of GPS, Activity recognition, Cellular tower triangulation and WI-FI for energy efficient tracking of Smartphone.
GPS; Cellular Tower Triangulation; Mobile Sensors
- Rajamoses.R, Sarooraj.R.B “Energy Efficient Location Easy TrackingWith Android Mobile Phone By Using GPS,” in Proc. GIFRE, 2014, pp. 2319-7293.
- SensTrack: Energy-Efﬁcient Location Tracking With Smartphone Sensors Lei Zhang, Student Member, IEEE, Jiangchuan Liu, Senior Member, IEEE, Hongbo Jiang, Member, IEEE, and Yong Guan, Member, IEEE, IEEE Journal.
- Abhishek, Vishal Sambyal, Yuvraj N.N “Tracking Smartphone Users Using Activity Recognition And Location Based Services,” in Proc. National Conference On Advances in computing,2015,pp. 0975-8887.
- I. Constandache, S. Gaonkar, M. Sayler, R. Choudhury, and L. Cox, 750 “EnLoc: Energy-efﬁcient localization for mobile phones,” in Proc. IEEE 751 INFOCOM, Apr. 2009, pp. 2716–2720.
- K. Lin, A. Kansal, D. Lymberopoulos, and F. Zhao, “Energy-accuracy 760 trade-off for continuous mobile device location,” in Proc. 8th Int. Conf. 761 Mobile Syst., Appl., Services, 2010, pp. 285–298. 762
- H. Lu, J. Yang, Z. Liu, N. Lane, T. Choudhury, and A. Campbell, 763 “The Jigsaw continuous sensing engine for mobile phone applications,” 764 in Proc. 8th ACM Conf. Embedded Netw. Sensor Syst., 2010, pp. 71–84. 765.
- J. Paek, J. Kim, and R. Govindan, “Energy-efﬁcient rate-adaptive GPS- 766 based positioning for smartphones,” in Proc. 8th Int. Conf. Mobile Syst., 767 Appl., Services, 2010, pp. 299–314.
- A. Carroll and G. Heiser, “An analysis of power consumption in a smartphone,” in Proc. USENIX Conf. Annu. Tech. Conf., 2010, p 21.
- PornpenRatsameethammawong and M.L.KulthonKasemsan Faculty of Information Technology, Rangsit University, Thailand ―Mobile Phone Location Tracking by the Combination of GPS, Wi-Fi and Cell Location Technology.2010 Volume 566928 pp. 3-7.
- E. Gabber and A. Wool, ―How to prove where you are: tracking the location of customer equipment,‖ in Proc. of CCS. ACM, 1998, pp. 142–149.
- D. E. Denning and P. F. MacDoran, ―Location-based authentication: Grounding cyberspace for better security,‖ Computer Fraud & Security, vol. 1996, no. 2, pp. 12–16, 1996.
- W. Luo and U. Hengartner, ―Proving your location without giving up your privacy,‖ in Proc. of HotMobile, 2010, pp. 7–12.