MODERN DEVELOPMENT IN E-COMMERCE
Author’s Name : G S Pradeep Ghantasala
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 1-2
Today the internet and E-commerce are daily routine in our life. It is no longer a device to be used only by highly wealthy and technologically advanced people. Now it is very popular today with all kinds of people from rich to poor, from businessmen to employees, from scientists to school going students. E-commerce has unleashed yet another revolution, which is changing the way the business and changing the way traditional commerce is conducted. E-commerce or Electronic commerce consists primarily of the distribution, buying, selling, marketing, advertising and servicing of products or services with the help of internet and other computer networks. The birth of companies such as eBay and Amazon (launched in 1994) really began to lead the way in E- commerce. In response to expert opinions, between 1998 and 2000, a substantial number of businesses in Western Europe and the United States built out their first rudimentary E-commerce websites. Now a day’s E commerce companies play most important role in world commerce. The E-commerce sector has seen tremendous growth in recent years. The growth was driven by rapid technology adoption led by the increasing use of devices such as smart phones, tablets, access to the internet through broadband, 3G, 4G and credibility of E-commerce companies etc, which led to an increased online consumer base. This paper describes the recent trends in E commerce business.
Computer Networks, E-commerce, Internet, Traditional commerce
- Kalakota, Ravi and Whinston, Andrew B. ―Frontiers of Electronic Commerce‖, Pearson Education, Inc.
- Rich, Jason R. ―Starting an E-Commerce Business‖. IDG Books, Delhi, 2000.
- Kalakota, Ravi and Whinston, Andrew B. ―Electronic Commerce – A Manager‘s Guide‖, Pearson Education, Inc.
- Suh, B and Han I., 2003, The Impact of Customer Trust and Perception of Security Control on the Acceptance of Electronic Commerce, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol 7, No. 3, pp. 135-161
- Seybold, Pat (2001). Customers.com. Crown Business Books
- Chaudhury, Abijit; Jean-Pierre Kuilboer (2002). eBusiness and e-Commerce Infrastructure McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0-07-247875-6.
- Frieden, Jonathan D.; Roche, Sean Patrick (2006-12-19). “E-Commerce: Legal Issues of the Online Retailer in Virginia”(PDF). Richmond Journal of Law and Technology 13