PRIVACY PRESERVATION IN THE INTERNET TELEPHONY CALLS
Author’s Name : M.Karthick| Vaijayanthi Murugan
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 3-8
Steganography is the hiding of a secret message within an ordinary message and the extraction of secret message at its destination. In digital Steganography, electronic communications may include steganographic coding inside of a transport layer, such as a document file, image file, program or protocol. This paper describes how to transfer the secret message from the source to destination in the audio that are streaming in the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). VoIP is an IP telephony term for a set of facilities used to manage the delivery of voice information over the Internet. The secret data are embedded by a Steganography algorithm in the inactive frames of low bit rate audio streams that are encoded by a source codec. The inactive frame in the audio stream is recognized by Voice activity detection (VAD), it is a technique used in speech processing in which the presence or absence of human speech is detected. The lost or dropped packets may lead to loss of secret data. When a data unit arrives, a check is made on the integrity of the data. If the check fails, this will automatically retransmit the lost packet. To maintain the integrity of the secret data HARQ is used. Experimental results show that the proposed system will not affect the perceptual speech quality between the original speech and the stego speech.
Audio streams; inactive frames; Steganography; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- C. Krätzer, J. Dittmann, T. Vogel, and R. Hillert, “Designand evaluation of steganography for voice-over-ip,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp.
Circuits Syst., May 2006, pp. 2397–3234.
- B. Xiao, Y. F. Huang, and S. Tang, “An approach to information hiding in low bit rate speech stream,” in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM 2008, Dec.2008, pp. 371–375, IEEE Press.
- Jhing-Fa Wang and Shi-Huang Chen, “ A VAD based on Perceptual Wavelet Packet Transform and Teager Energy Operator”National cheng kung,Tainan,2004
- E.Verteletskaya,K.Sakhnov “Voice Activity Detection for Speech Enhancement Applications”ACTA Polytechnica Vol.50 No. 4,2010.
- Z.Wu and W. Yang (2006), “G.711-based adaptive speech information hiding approach,” Lecture Notes Computer Science, vol. 4113, pp. 1139–1144.
- N. Aoki, “A technique of lossless steganography for G.711 telephony speech,” in Proc. 2008 4th Int. Conf. Intelligent Inf. HidingMultimedia Signal Process. (IIH-MSP), Harbin, Aug. 2008, pp. 608–611.
- L. Ma, Z. Wu, and W. Yang, “Approach to hide secret speech information in G.721 scheme,” Lecture Notes Comput. Sci., vol. 4681, pp.1315–1324, 2007.
- Wojciech Mazurczyk,Krzysztof , “ Steganography of VoIP Streams”, Institute of Telecommunications, Polland.
- Dual rate speech coder for multimedia communications transmitting at 5.3 and 6.3 kbit/s, ITU-T Recommendation G.723.1 Annex A, 2009.
- ITU-T G.711 (1988), “Pulse code modulation (PCM) of voice frequencies