TCP VARIANTS IN MANET- A SURVEY
Author’s Name : Jaya Shree S | Gopika G
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 21-23
Mobile Ad-Hoc networks are the collection of independent mobile nodes with no fixed infrastructure. The high mobility of nodes is responsible for the congestion of the network and this congestion may occur due to various other reasons. TCP’s robust behaviour is mainly due to its reactive behaviour on congestion and retransmissions are done to ensure reliability. Although many reasons may be there TCP, which is a reliable End-to-End transport layer protocol finds it difficult to distinguish between the losses and considers the congestion losses to be due to queue overflow or queue delay. The non congestion losses like mobility, power depletion of nodes and link failure are not considered by the algorithms. Hence there must be proper algorithms to detect the non-congestion and congestion losses. In this paper the variants of TCP are discussed these variants provide a method to control congestion losses in the network whether it may be due to congestion or non-congestion. These mechanisms provide methods for re-transmission, congestion control and pattern to avoid congestion.
TCP, Non-congestion losses, TCP Variant
- Jitendra Padhye, Victor Firoiu, Donald F. Towsley, Fellow, IEEE, and James F. Kurose, Fellow, IEEE” Modeling TCP Reno Performance: A Simple Model and Its Empirical Validation” IEEE/ACM TRANSACTIONS ON NETWORKING, VOL. 8, NO. 2, APRIL 2000.
- Dhananjay Bisen and Sanjeev Sharma” IMPROVE PERFORMANCE OF TCP NEW RENO OVER MOBILE AD-HOC NETWORK USING ABRA” International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN) Vol. 3, No. 2, April 2011.
- Md Nazmul Islam Khan, Rashed Ahmed and Md. Tariq Aziz “A SURVEY OF TCP RENO, NEW RENO AND SACK OVER MOBILE AD-HOC NETWORK”, International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems (IJDPS) Vol.3, No.1, January 2012.
- Veepin Kumar, Himanshu, Ajaydeep “A Comparative Analysis of TCP, Reno, New Reno, Vegas in MANET”, International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJLTET), Vol. 5 Issue 4 July 2015.
- Digvijaysinh B Kumpavat, Prof. Paras S Gosai, Prof. Vyomal N Pandya “Comparison of TCP congestion control mechanisms Tahoe, Newreno and Vegas”, IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE) e-ISSN: 2278-2834,p- ISSN: 2278-8735. Volume 5, Issue 6 (Mar. – Apr. 2013), PP 74-79.
- Geetika Maheshwari, Mahesh Gour, Umesh Kumar Chourasia “A Survey on Congestion Control in MANET” (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 5 (2) , 2014, 998-1001.
- Bhagyashree S kayarkar, V.S.Deshmukh “A Survey of Congestion Control in Proactive Source Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” COMPUSOFT, An international journal of advanced computer technology, 3 (12), December-2014 (Volume-III, Issue-XII).
- Geetika Maheshwari et al, “A Survey on Congestion Control in MANET” (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 5 (2) , 2014, 998-1001.
- V.Jacobson. “Congestion Avoidance and Control”. SIGCOMM Symposium no Cummunication Architecture and protocols.
- L.S.Brakmo, L.L. Peterson, “TCP Vegas: End to End Congestion Avoidance on a Global Internet”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, vol. 13,(1465-1490).
- Saher S. Manaseer, “On backoff mechanisms for wireless mobile ad hoc networks,” in Ph. D thesis, The Faculty of Information and Mathematical Sciences at University of Glasgow, Scotland, 2009, PP. 1-156.
- V. Thilagavathe Cross layer based congestion control Technique for reliable and energy aware Routing in MANET- Ph.D thesis.