A METAHEURISTICS ALGORITHM APPROACH TO TRACK THE REUSABILITY LEVEL OF A COMPONENT IN DESIGN PHASE
Author’s Name : R Kamalraj | Dr A Rajivkannan | K Kavya | K R Nishanth
Volume 04 Issue 02 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 1-4
Reusability is one of the main characteristic required in the component side to reduce the development cost in further project works. So checking the ‘Reusability’ is suggested in the design phase itself of a software system to identify that whether the system has any ‘Reusable’ elements for future use. To identify that characteristic many methods and approaches are available. But compared to existing methods the ‘FireFly’ algorithm can give high optimized result to specify the ‘Reusability’ Level of the component. To derive the solution for that the different design metrics along with their threshold values and relationships among those metrics are analyzed perfectly. This approach also can be used as a ‘Classification Technique’ on software components.
FireFly Algorithm, Reusability, Meta-Heuristic algorithm, Package Scalability, Stability
- Andrea Capiluppi and Cornelia Boldyreff (2007) ‘Coupling Patterns in the Effective Reuse of Open Source Software’ IEEE Computer Society.
- Anthony Finkelstein, Spanoudakis G. and Ryan .M (1996) ‘Software Package Requirements & Procurement’ Software Specification and Design, 1996, Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop.
- Merijn de Jonge (2003) ‘Package-Based Software Development’Euromicro, p. 76, 29th Euromicro Conference (EUROMICRO’03).
- Mili A., Mili R. and Mittermeir R.T (1998) ‘A survey of software reuse libraries’, Annals of Software Engineering, vol.5 1998.
- Wang A.J.A (2002), “Reuse Metrics and Assessment in Component-Based Development”,Proceedings of Software Engineering and Applications, Vol. 47, pp. 693- 707.
- Nancy Bazilchuk; Parastoo Mohagheghi, (2005) “The Advantages of Reused Software Components”. R&D and Technology Transfer.
- Parvinder S. Sandhu; Hardeep Singh , (2006) “Automatic Reusability Appraisal of Software Components using Neurofuzzy Approach”, International Journal of Information Technology,Vol 3, No. 3.
- Rajesh Bhatia; Mayank Dave; R. C. Joshi (2006) “Retrieval of Most Relevant Reusable Component Using Genetic Algorithms ”, software Engineering Research and Practice -SERP, pp. 151-155,2006.
- X. S. Yang,(2009) “Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization, in:Stochastic Algorithms: Foundations and Applications, SAGA 2009, Computer Sciences, Vol. 5792, pp. 169-178.