A STUDY ON DATA WAREHOUSE
Author’s Name : S Rajarajeswari | A Zakiuddin Ahmed
Volume 05 Issue 04 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 13-14
Data warehouse are essential elements of decision support, which has increasingly become a focus of the database industry. Data ware housing is a booming industry with many interesting research problem. The data warehouse is concentrated on only few aspects. Here we are discussing about the data warehouse design and usage. Let’s look at various approaches to the data ware house design and usage process and the steps involved. Data warehouse can be built using a top-down approach, bottom – down approach or a combination of both. In this research paper we are discussing about the data warehouse design process.
Data Warehouse, Data Warehouse Design Process
- R. Agrawal, A. Gupta, and S. Sarawagi, “Modeling multidimensional databases”, IBM Research Report, 1995.
- E. Baralis, S. Paraboschi, and E. Teniente, “Materialized view selection in multidimensional database”, Proc. 23rd Very Large Database Conf. (VLDB97), Athens, Greece, 1997, pp. 156-165.
- J.W. Buzydlowski, I. Song and L. Hassel. “A Framework for Object- Oriented On-Line Analytic Processing”, Proc. of the 1st Int. Workshop on Data Warehousing and OLAP (DOLAP’98), Washington D.C., November 1998.
- L. Cabibbo, and R. Torlone, “Querying Multidimensional databases”, 6th Workshop on Database Programming Languages (DBPL’97), 1997.
- L. Cabibbo, and R. Torlone, “Un quadro metodologico per la costruzione e l’ uso di un data warehouse”, Proc. Sesto Convegno Nazionale sui Sistemi Evoluti per Basi di Dati, Ancona, Italy, 1998, pp. 123-140.
- Cabibbo, L., and Torlone, R., “A logical Approach to Multidimensional Databases”. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, n. 1377, Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Extending Database Technology, (EDBT’98), Valencia, March 1998, pp. 183-197.
- A.F. Cardenas, “Analysis and performance of inverted database structures”, Comm. ACM, vol. 18, n. 5, pp. 253-263, 1975.
- C.D. French, ” ‘One Size Fits All’ Database Architectures Do Not Work for DSS”P, roc. ACM SIGMOD Conf., 1995, pp. 449-450.
- M. Golfarelli, D. Maio, and S. Rizzi, “Conceptual design of data warehouses from E/R schemes”, Proc. HICSS-31, VII, Kona, Hawaii, 1998, pp. 334-343.
- M. Golfarelli, D. Maio, and S. Rizzi, “The Dimensional Fact Model: a Conceptual Model for Data Warehouses” to appear on Int. Jour. Computer and Information Systems.