A VISIBLE LIGHT COMMUNICATION FOR SMART FACTORY USING LI-FI TECHNOLOGY
Author’s Name : Iswarya Lakshmi Priya A | Kowsalya Kumar V | Anand S | Athithya B
Volume 01 Issue 02 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 22-24
In recent years, wireless networks and applications have achieved great successes in government, enterprise, home, and personal communication systems. The desired features of wireless communications draw lots of attention to the industrial communication and expected to bring benefits such as reduce deployment and maintenance after employed. However, the industrial communication system required real-time communication, which means the control systems in the factory are required accurate control and rapid communication, such as the industrial motion control system. In this type of application, the communication system performance and efficiency will be evaluated to ensure it applicable to the industrial network. However, there are a few original issues in the wireless communication, such as fading, multi path propagation and interference problems which will affect the reliability and performance of industrial communication system operation. Therefore, we proposed a connection protection mechanism that cooperates with wireless network and visible light communication to achieve reliability and performance in industrial communication network. We will consider implementing this mechanism by using industrial wireless Ethernet in the near future.
Smart Factory, Internet-of-Things, Visible Light Communication, Wireless Networking, Industrial Communication Network
- N. Kumar, D. Terra, N. Lourenço, L. N. Alves, and R. L. Aguiar, “Visible light communication for intelligent transportation in road safety applications,” Proc. 7th Int. Wireless Commun.Mobile Comput. Conf,pp. 1513-1518,2011.
- J. Rani, P. Chauhan, and R. Tripathi, “Li-Fi (LightFidelity)-the future technology in wireless communication,” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 7No.11,ISSN 0973-4562,2012
- W. Jia-yuan, Z. Nian-yu, W. Dong, I. Kentaro, I. Zensei,and N. Yoshinori, “Experimental study on visible light communication based on LED,” The Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunication,vol. 19,Supplement 2,Jan 2012.
- M. Goyal, D. Saproo,and A. Bhagashra, “New epoch of wireless communication: light fidelity,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering,Vol. 1, Issue 2, ISSN (Print): 2320-9798, ISSN (Online): 2320–9801, Jan 2012
- J. K. Kim and E. F. Schubert, “Transcending the replacement paradigm of solid-state lighting,” Opt. Exp., vol. 16, no. 26, pp. 21835–21 837, Dec. 2008.
- J. Park, “Speedup of dynamic response of organic light emitting diodes,” J. Lightw. Technol., vol. 28, no. 19, pp. 2873–2880, Oct.2010.
- Ian Lim, “Li-fi Internet at the speed of light,” vol. 2, no. 1, pp.1–39,2011.