GSM BASED EXCESS LOAD USAGE IDENTIFICATION
Author’s Name : Bhuvaneswari T | Abish K B | Ashika K | Iswarya K | Keerthana V
Volume 02 Issue 01 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 20-21
The purpose of this method is to find the excess load usage of an industry and to control that by terminating the power for that particular industry. This is done with the help of GSM technology. This system is designed to send SMS alerts whenever the voltage/current exceeds the predefined limits using GSM. If there is no response from the Industrialist then the whole supply will be permanently turned off. By this way, we can save the power consumed in Industries and theft can be controlled.
GSM, Theft Control, Power Consumption, SMS Alerts
- Alessandro Ferrero, “Meter voltage measurement” , in John G. Webster(ed.),Electrical Measurement, Signal processing and displays, pp. 1.20-1.21,CRC Press,2004.
- Donald G. Wayne H.Beaty, “Standard Handbook for electrical engineers” 11th edition , McGraw Hill,2003 , New York.
- Sagar Patil, Gopal Pawaskar ,Kirtikumar Patil “Electrical power theft detection and wireless meter reading”
- Sid Katzen, “The Quintessential PIC Microcontroller”,Springer-Verlag,2000.
- Soham Gosh JRF, Department of Energy Science & Engineering , IIT Bombay, India.
- P.Kadurek,Student member, IEEE, J.Blom, J.F.G.Cobben, W.L.Kling, MemberIEEE1, “Theft detection and smart metering practices and expectations in the netherlands”.
- Virendra Pandey, Simrat Singh Gill,Amit Sharma “Wireless Electricity theft detection system using Zigbee” MIT,Moradabad.
- Xbee Pro OEM RF Module reference manual, Digi International Inc.,2008.  Yi Yang, Deepak Divan, Ronald G.Harley and Thomas G.Habetler , “Power line sensor net -A new concept for power grid monitoring”, IEEE power engineering society general meeting, 2006.
- Zhou Yao, Wang Wei, Xu Lijie , Ni Pinghao , Wang Lin , “Transmission line temperature on-line monitoring system based in Zigbee” International conference on sustainable power generation and supply,2009.