ZIGBEE BASED SMART AUTHENTIFICATION AND STUDENT ATTENDANCE SYSTEM
Author’s Name : C Rajeshwari | R Poovarasan | I Wasil sulthan
Volume 02 Issue 03 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 19-21
Student attendance is one of the important issues for colleges, because many colleges evaluate students’ attendance and while giving the final grade, professors consider their total number of appearances on classes during the whole semester. Some colleges prefer to use paper sheet for controlling attendance, whereas some colleges prefer to use paper sheet for checking students’ attendance and after this, fill out these information into a system manually Generally students’ performance in studies is depending on the attendance. There is a need to develop system that reduces burden in analyzing the attendance and enhance smooth functioning of schools, colleges and colleges and to help the parents. Thus, this paper describes a brief introduction to application of attendance system and reviews some application of attendance system and techniques of data retrieval such as smart card, biometrics and RFID itself. This system would be applicable in collecting student attendance in classroom using passive RFID technology. Our project is Monitoring of Student using RFID. RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification and Detection. In this we are using RFID reader and contactless smart card. Reader is located on fixed location sends signal to passive RFID chip detected in range of reader. Chip re-transmits the acknowledgement signal with its unique Identifier code, hence chip is identified. Also, a single reader can identify many no of chips in very short period of time. So, we are using these properties of RFID reader monitor the student. Also included module to make system better like in biometrics thumb detection for security and send message to parent if with respective student absent in class.
RFID, RFID Reader, ZIGBEE, GSM, MATLAB
- Mr. Tushar T. Tanpure, Mr. Harshad S. Sonawane, Mr. Chaitanya R. Sonawane, Ms. Priyanka V., ” Online Student Monitoring System Using Passive RFID”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 1, Issue 2, April 2013, page no. 409-1027, ISSN (Print) : 2320 – 9798.
- B. RASAGNA & C. RAJENDRA“SSMT: SMART SYSTEM FOR MULTITASKING “International Journal of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering (IJCSEE), Vol-1, Iss-2, 2012, page no. 35-39, ISSN No. 2315-4209.
- Nurbek Saparkhojayev1 and Selim Guvercin “Attendance Control System based on RFID-technology” IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 3, No 1, May 2012, page no. 227-230, ISSN No.1694-0814
- Rajan Patel, Nimisha Patel, Mona Gajjar, “ Online Students„ Attendance Monitoring System in Classroom Using Radio Frequency Identification Technology: A Proposed System Framework”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2012, page no. 61-66, ISSN 2250- 2459.
- Rupak Kumar, Harshi Solanki, “RFID an Effective Authentication and Attendance System”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2013, page no.1234-1236, ISSN: 2277 128X.
- ZigBee Alliance, “ZigBee Home Automation Public Application Profile”, version 25, vol. 1.0, October 2007.
- Shoewu, O. and O.A. Idowu (2012), “Development of Attendance Management System using Biometrics”, Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, 13(1):300-307