A REAL TIME APPROACH FOR SECURE IMAGE TRANSMISSION USING VIDEO CRYPTOGRAPHY
Author’s Name : Shaik Laljohnbasha
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 12-14
Image and video are the two most basic forms of transmitting information. With the help of Image and video encryption methods any particular set of images or videos can be transmitted without worrying about security. In the proposed paper a very simple and real time algorithm, using pixel mapping, is used for the encryption of the images which are the basic building blocks of any video file. In the proposed research paper the video is distributed into the photo frames using a mat lab code and all the frames are sequentially stored. Each such frame contains a combination of red, blue and green layers. If we consider a pixel as an 8 bit value than each pixel has the value in the range of 0 to 255. In the proposed work for each frame two pixels situated at the top left and the bottom right corner are modified so as to insert text in each image. After the completion of the pixel value changing all the images is placed in a sequential manner and then all the frames are cascaded for generation of the original video file with encryption. This new video is almost similar to the original video file with no changes visible to the naked eye.
Video Encryption, Lossless Watermarking, Pixel Mapping, Stenography
- Handbook of image and video processing by Alan Conrad Bovik, Elsevier Inc., ISBN 0-12-119192-1.
- Digital Video Processing by A. Murat Tekalp, Prentice Hall Signal Processing Series.
- R. Schaphorst, Videoconferencing and video telephony, Boston, MA: Artech House Publishers, 1996.
- Adnan M. Alattar, Reversible watermark using the difference expansion of a generalized integer transform, IEEE Trans. On Image Processing, vol. 13, no.8, Aug, 2004.
- Avcibas, N. Memon, and B. Sankur Steganalysis using image quality metrics, IEEE Trans. IP, VOL. 12, PP.221-229, Feb. 2003.
- Dipesh G. Kamdar, Dolly Patira and Dr. C. H. Vithalani,Dual layer data hiding using cryptography and steganography in IJSET volume 1,issue 4,ISSN : 2277-1581-638