DESIGN OF RADIX 4 FIR FILTER USING BOOTH MULTIPLIER FOR REDUCED POWER CONSUMPTION
Author’s Name : Ajin Raj.D.R | Sandeep . P |Varatharaj M
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 1-5
Finite impulse response (FIR) filter designs mainly aims on either low area-cost or high speed or reduced power consumption. Finite Impulse Response filters are the most important element in signal processing and communication. FIR filter architecture has multiplier, adder and delay unit. So FIR filter performance is mainly based on multiplier. FIR filter using modified booth multiplier is used to reduce the power consumption and delay time in the circuit. Booth multiplier uses multilevel conditional probability (MLCP) by reducing the simulation time and easily adjusts the accuracy based on mathematical derivations. FIR filter is realized using direct form by which the area can be minimized in the circuit compared to transposed form. FIR filter is designed by using booth multiplier is implemented by HDL coding and synthesis in Xilinx tool.
FIR Filter, Direct form, Booth Multiplier, Multilevel Conditional probability
- Yuan Ho Chen, “An accuracy adjustment fixed width booth multiplier using multilevel conditional probability,” in IEEE Transactions On Very Large Scale Integration (Vlsi) Systems, Vol. 23, No. 1, January 2015.
- J. Han and M. Orshansky, “Approximate computing: An emerging paradigm for energy-efficient design,” in ETS, 2013, pp. 1–6.
- K.-J. Cho, K.-C. Lee, J.-G. Chung, and K. K. Parhi, “Design of lowerror fixed-width modified booth multiplier,” IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 522–531, 2004.
- J.-P. Wang, S.-R. Kuang, and S.-C. Liang, “High-accuracy fixedwidth modified booth multipliers for lossy applications,” IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 52–60, 2011.
- C.-Y. Li, Y.-H. Chen, T.-Y. Chang, and J.-N. Chen, “A probabilistic estimation bias circuit for fixed-width booth multiplier and its dct applications,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 215–219, 2011.
- Y.-H. Chen, C.-Y. Li, and T.-Y. Chang, “Area-effective and powerefficient fixed-width booth multipliers using generalized probabilistic estimation bias,” IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 277–288, 2011.
- Y.-H. Chen and T.-Y. Chang, “A high-accuracy adaptive conditional-probability estimator for fixed-width booth multipliers,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 594–603, 2012.