IMPLEMENTATION OF HIGH SPEED QSD ADDER FOR VLSI APPLICATION
Author’s Name : Divya Prabha.A | Murali Dharan.V | Varatharaj.M
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 11-13
In all signal processing applications the main problem faced by the processor is its propagation delay. It makes the process to be tedious. Conventionally The Binary signed numbers(BSD) were used to overcome this problem,(BSD’s) are known for its carry free addition and borrow free subtraction, but the addition process is more complicated when the number of bits is increased. Some of main problems in BCD’s are they provide less storage density and large complexity. The main aim of this project is to design a efficient adder that solves the above problems with the use of Quaternary signed digit number system. The Quaternary signed digit number provides carry free addition with high storage capacity.QSD is represented by a number from -3 to +3.Carry free addition of higher bit numbers with constant delay and less complexity is possible by QSD number system. So that the speed of the processor is increased. It is simulated by using Xilinx tool 14.1 ISE.
Signed digit number system, Binary signed digit number system, Quaternary signed digit number system.
- Ameya N.Bankar, Shweta hajare, design of arithmetic circuit using QSD number system, IEEE in 2014
- M.Manzke, Y.Hiremath ALU design 4-bit ripple carry adder. IOSI, journal for VLSI,2015
- Sajid R. kumar ”Design and implementation of carry look ahead adder in ”IJITCS
- P.Devi, Y. Sajesh kumar,Improved carry select adder with reduced delay and power ,IEEE 2012.
- RPP.singh ”perormance analysis of carry save adder ”IJESIT in 2013
- Sachindubey, Reenarani, Sarojkumari, Neelam Sharma, ”VLSI Implementation of fast addition using quaternary signed digit number system”,IEEE2013
- Nagamani A. N,nishchais,”quaternary high performance arithmetic logic unit design”,14th Euromicro conference on digital system design 2011 IEEE.
- A.Avizinis Signed digit number representation for fast parallel arithmetic”,EC-10,pp-400,sept-1961.v”,IEEE International conference on emerging Trends in computing communication and nanotechnology(ICECCN 2013).
- Chilka santhi, B.Sudhakara rao, “High throughput and Enhanced Quaternary addition using VLSI” ,International journal of Research in advent technology,vol.3,No1january2015
- A.A.S Awwal and J.U Ahmed ,fast carry free adder design using QSD number system” ,proceedings of IEEE1993 national aerospace and electronic conference,vol2,pp1085-1090,1993.