ERROR DETECTION AND CORRECTION IN FIR FILTERS BY USING RAPTOR CODE
Author’s Name : Sindu Nathiya.M| Valanteena .D| Varatharaj.M
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 19-22
Now a day’s all the communication systems are using filters. Some of the case life time of those systems is biting due the error present in the filters. Because the original information is not sent in receiver sides, so the fault tolerant is need for those system. The fault tolerant is achieved by using error correction code (ECC). The filter protection is depends on the fault tolerance. In this paper using raptor code for error detection and correction. The code can detect and correct error and also reduce the density of the sending message. Increase the process speed and low power can be required for process. Implementation cost also low, it gives more protection for the filters. Raptor code is achieved by concatenation of linear code (LT) and pre-code. LT code recovers a large proportion of input symbols. Pre-code recovers the fraction unrecovered by LT code. Raptor code can also use over a noisy channel.
Error correction code (ECC), filter, Binary erasure channel (BEC), LT code, pre-code
- Zhen Gao, Pedro Reviriego,Wen Pan, Zhan Xu, Ming, Zhao, Jing Wang, and Juan Antonio Maestro, “Fault tolerant parallel filters based on error correction code,”IEEE Trans.vol.23.no.2,Feb 2015
- Brajesh Kumar Gupta(nit Jamshedpur) Associate Prof.R.Sinha(nit Jamshedpur) “Area Efficient and Fault Tolerant FIR Filter”
- P.Chan,G.A.Julien,L.Imbert,V.S.Dimitrov, G.H.McGibney. “Fault Tolerant Computation Within Complex FIR Filters.”
- S.Pontarelli, L.Sterpone,G.C. Cardarilli,M.Re,M.Sonze Reoreda, A.Salsano,M.Violante. “Optimization of self Checking FIR Filters by means of Fault Injection Analysis”
- B. Shim and N. Shan hag, “Energy-efficient soft error-tolerant digital signal processing,” IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integer. (VLSI) System. Vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 336–348, Apr. 2006.
- T. Hitana and A. K. Deb, “Bridging concurrent and non-concurrent error detection in FIR filters,” in Proc. Nor chip Conf., 2004, pp. 75–78
- S. Pontarelli, G. C. Cardarilli, M. Re, and A. Solano, “Totally fault tolerant RNS based FIR filters,” in Proc. IEEE IOLTS, Jul. 2008, pp. 192–194
- Y.-H. Huang, “High-efficiency soft-error-tolerant digital signal processing using fine-grain sub word-detection processing,” IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integral. (VLSI) Syst., vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 291–304, Feb.
- Amin shokrollahi, “Raptor codes”, IEEE Trans.very large scale integration on information theory, vol. 52, no.6, June 2006.
- P.Reviriego,s.pontarelli,C.Bleakley,and J.A.Maestro, “Area efficient concurrent error detection and correction for parallel filters, “IET Electron Lett,.vol.48,no.20,pp.1258-1260,sep.2012.