A REAL TIME DRIVING ASSISTANCE USING PIC MICROCONTROLLER
Author’s Name : A.Karthick Jabarson | S.Manoj | M.Varatharaj
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 23-26
This project is proposed to give a real time driving assistance based on the driver – vehicle interaction. Here the driver Drowsiness and alcohol drinking are the important factors in the increasing number of accidents on today’s road. The accidents can be controlled by Eye blink sensor (driver drowsiness can be detected), Alcohol sensor (Alcoholic concentration can be detected) by using PIC microcontroller. By this the driver fatigue symptoms can be detected easily and the vehicle speed can be controlled and accidents are avoided. Alcoholic sensor (MQ3) detects the alcoholic concentration if it is high then the ignition of the vehicle will be failed to turn on, eye blink sensor using IR rays which detects the eye blinking by transmitting IR rays into the eye. If the eye is closed the output will be high then the speed of the vehicle is controlled by PIC controller which is interfaced with the sensor and this module is connected with the braking system and buzzer to reduce the speed of the vehicle and to stat buzzing, if the eye is open the output is low.
PIC (Peripheral Interface Controller), Alcoholic Sensor (MQ3), Eye blink sensor & Buzzer
- Saif Al-Sultan, Ali H. Al-Bayatti, and Hussein Zedan, “Context-Aware Driver Behavior Detection System in Intelligent Transportation Systems” IEEE transactions on vehicular technology, vol. 62, no. 9, pp.4264-4275, November 2013.
- An Efficient Design of a Low-Power Alcohol Detection System with Automatic Ignition Interlocking.
- Ji Hyun Yang, Zhi-Hong Mao, Louis Tijerina, Tom Pilutti, Joseph F. Coughlin, and Eric Feron, “Detection of Driver Fatigue Caused by Sleep Deprivation”, IEEE Transactions On Systems, Man, And Cy-bernetics—Part A: Systems And Humans, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 694-703, July 2009.
- Wang dong, Cheng quancheng, Li Kai, Fang Bao-hua, “The automat-ic control system of anti drunk-driving” in 978-1-4577-0321-8/11, pp. 523-526, 2011 IEEE.
- Minoru Sakairi, “Water-Cluster-Detecting Breath Sensor and Applications in Cars for Detecting Drunk or Drowsy Driving”, IEEE sensors journal, VOL. 12, NO. 5, pp-1078-1083, MAY 2012.
- Yan Jiang, Feng Gao, GuoyanXu, “Self-Calibrated Multiple-Lane Detection System”, IEEE, pp. 1052-1056, 2010.
- Xiaodong Miao, Shunming Li, HuanShen , “On-Board Lane Detection System For Intelligent Vehicle Based On Monocular Vision”, In-ternational Journal On Smart Sensing And Intelligent Systems, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp- 957-972, December 2012.
- JufangHu ,ChunruXiong, “Study on the Embedded CAN Bus Con-trol System in the Vehicle”, 2012 International Conference on Com-puter Science and Electronics Engineering, DOI 10.1109/ICCSEE.2012.400, IEEE, pp. 440-442, 2012.