DATA TRANSMISSIONS THROUGH LI-FI NETWORKS
Author’s Name : S.Karthikeyan | S.Mathan prabhu | S.Mugesh | R.Sharmila Gowri
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 1-4
Visible Light Communication (VLC) system based on white LEDs has emerged as an eco-friendly IT green technology using THz visible light spectrum in provision of both lighting and wireless access Nowadays people mostly use wireless network to accomplish their data sharing process. we are introducing concept of Li-Fi. Li-Fi stands for Light-Fidelity. Li- Fi technology, proposed by the German physicist— Harald Haas, provides transmission of data through illumination by sending data through an LED light bulb that varies in intensity faster than the human eye can follow. We focus on developing a Li-Fi based system and analyzes its performance with respect to existing technology Li-Fi provides better bandwidth, efficiency, availability and security than Wi-Fi and has already achieved blisteringly high speed in the lab. By leveraging the low-cost nature of LEDs and lighting units there are many opportunities to exploit this medium, we here present the future technology, where data for laptops, smart phones, and tablets will be transmitted through the light in a room. while providing efficient and low-cost lighting. To achieve the higher data rates (MHz), PLC channel is simulated using DMT-QAM modulation scheme.
Li-Fi, Wi-Fi, high-brightness LED, photodiode, wireless communication.
- Jyoti Rani, PrernaChauhan, RitikaTripathi,―Li-Fi (Light Fidelity)-The future technology In Wireless communication‖, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol.7 No.11 (2012).
- Richard Gilliard, Luxim Corporation, ―The lifi® lamp high efficiency high brightness light emitting plasma with long life and excellent color quality‖.
- Richard P. Gilliard, Marc DeVincentis, AbdeslamHafidi, Daniel O‘Hare, and Gregg Hollingsworth, ―Operation of the LiFi Light Emitting Plasma in Resonant Cavity‖
- Visilink, ―Visible Light Communication Technology for Near‐Ubiquitous Networking‖ White Paper, January http://www.dvice.com/archives/2012/08/lifi- ten-ways-i.php
- http://www.good.is/posts/forget-wifi-it-s-lifi- internet-through-lightbulbs
- http://groupivsemi.com/working-lifi-could-be- available-soon/
- Li-Fi: Data Onlight Instead of Online Ruchi Garg* *Department of Computer Application, MTU Noida, [email protected] anveshana m- a national journal of computer science & applications [vol.1, no.1, august 2012-july2013]