HIGH RESOLUTION REMOTE SENSING IMAGES USING SHADOW DETECTION AND SHADOW REMOVAL
Author’s Name : SHAIK LALJOHNBASHA
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 15-20
High-resolution remote sensing images offer great possibilities for urban mapping. Unfortunately, shadows cast by buildings during this some problems occurred .This paper mainly focus to get the high resolution colour remote sensing image, and also undertaken to remove the shaded region in the both urban and rural areas. The region growing thresholding algorithm is used to detect the shadow and extract the features from shadow region. Then determine whether those neighboring pixels are added to the seed points or not. In the region growing threshold algorithm, Pixels are placed in the region based on their properties or the properties of nearby pixel values. Then the pixels containing similar properties are grouped together and distributed throughout the image. IOOPL matching is used for removing shadow from image. This method proves it can remove 80% shaded region from image efficiently.
region growing thresholding, IOOPL (inner-outer outline profile line).
- S. Ji and X. Yuan, “A method for shadow detection and change detection of man-made objects,” Remote Sens., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 323–329, 2007.
- G. Finlayson, S. Hordley, and M. Drew, “Removing shadows from images,” in Proc. ECCV, May 28–31, 2002, pp. 823–836, Vision-Part IV
- K.-L. Chung, Y.-R. Lin, and Y.-H. Huang, “Efficient shadow detection of colour aerial images based on successive thresholding scheme,” IEEE Trans.Geosci. Remote Sens., vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 671–682, Feb. 2009.
- H. Ma, Q. Qin, and X. Shen, “Shadow segmentation and compensation in high resolution satellite images,” in Proc. IEEE IGARSS, Jul. 2008, vol. 2, pp. 1036–1039.
- K. Sun, D. Li, and H. Sui, “An object-oriented image smoothing algorithm based on the convexity model and multi-scale segmentation,” Geomatics Inf. Sci. Wuhan Univ., vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 423–426, 2009
- Z. Zhu and C. E. Woodcock, “Object-based cloud and cloud shadow detection in Landsat imagery,” Remote Sens. Environ., vol.118, pp. 83–94, 2012.
- A. Makarau, R. Richter, R. Muller et al., “Adaptive shadow detection using a blackbody radiator model,” IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 2049–2059, 2011.
- L. Lorenzi, F. Melgani, and G. Mercier, “A complete processing chain for shadow detection and reconstruction in VHR images,” IEEE TransGeosci. Remote Sens., vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 3440–3452, 2012.
- P. Sarabandi, F. Yamazaki, M. Matsuoka et al., “Shadow detection and radiometric restoration in satellite high resolution images,” in Proc. IEEE IGARSS, Sep. 2004, vol. 6, pp. 3744–3747.
- J. S.-P. Shu and H. Freeman, “Cloud shadow removal from aerial photographs,” Pattern Recog, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 647–656, 1990.