DESIGN OF ULTRA WIDE BAND PRINTED ARRAY ANTENNA WITH MULTIPLE NOTCH BAND CHARACTERISTICS
Author’s Name : Vemaraju Surya Sai Sirisha | Sk Abdul Rehman
Volume 04 Issue 03 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 16-19
The printed rectangular patch antenna with T-shaped slot and corner truncation with a defective ground structure yields Ultra Wide band response from 3 GHz to over 12 GHz. Placing a stub in the T-slot gives rise to a notch band or rejection band, By further truncating the stub, a dual notch band is achieved. Then the performance of the antenna is analysed by making a 1×4 planar array and quad notch bands are achieved. Various antenna parameters like returns loss, Gain, Directivity and Radiation pattern and found them to be satisfactory for the Ultra Wide Band Applications.
Notch band,Stub,Truncation gap,Array
- FCC (2002). First report and order, revision of part 15 of the commission’s rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission systems FCC.
- Sekhar M, P Siddaiah ”UWB ANTENNA FOR KA-BAND,” GJAET, Volume 4, Issue1- 2015.
- E. Pancere, D. Modotto, A.Locatelli, F.M. Pigozzo, and C. De Angelis, “Novel design of UWB antenna with band-notch capability,” in Proc.Eur.Conf. On Wireless Technologies, 2007, pp. 48-50.
- Sekhar M, Siddaiah P “Performance of Feed on Dual Frequency Antenna in Ka-Band” International Journal of Innovative Research In Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation And Control Engineering (IJIREEICE), Vol. 2, Issue 5, May 2014. ISSN (Online) 2321 – 2004.
- Sekhar M, Siddaiah P “Comparison of Dual Frequency Antenna in Ka-Band with and without Shorting pin (IJMCTR), ISSN: 2321-0850, Volume-2, Issue-8, August 2014.
- Sekhar M, Siddaiah P “Triple Frequency Circular Patch Antenna” 2014 IEEE International Conference On Computational Intelligence And Computing Research, Park College Of Engineering And Technology, ISBN:978-1-4799-1594-1.
- Sekhar M, Siddaiah P “Quad Band Triangular Ring Slot Antenna” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 4, April-2015 1637, ISSN 2229-5518.
- Y. F. Weng, S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, “Compact UWB antennas with single band-notched characteristic using simple ground stubs,” Microw.Opt. Technol. Lett., vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 523–529, Jan. 2011.
- L. Liu, S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, “Deep band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using meander lines,” Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett.,
vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1085–1091, May 2013.
- Y. F. Weng, S. W. Cheung, T. I. Yuk, and L. Liu “Creating band notched characteristics for compact UWB monopole antennas,” in UltraWideband-Current Status and Future Trends, M. Matin, Ed. Rijecka, Croatia: Intech, Oct. 2012, ISBN 978-953-51-0781-1.
- H. K. Yoon, Y. J. Yoon, H. Kim, and C. H. Lee, “Flexible ultra-wideband polarization diversity antenna with band-notch function,” IET Microw.Antennas Propag., vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1463–1470, Sep. 2011.
- J. M. Lee, K. B. Kim, H. K. Ryu, and J. M. Woo, “A compact ultra wide band MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejected operation for mobile devices,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 11, pp. 990–993, Aug. 2012.
- J. F. Li, Q. X. Chu, Z. H. Li, and X. X. Xia, “Compact dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with high isolation,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 4759–4766, Sep. 2013.
- P. Gao et al., “Compact printed UWB diversity slot antenna with 5.5-GHz band-notched characteristics,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 13, pp. 376–379, Feb. 2014.
- B. P. Chacko, G. Augustin, and T. A. Denidni, “Uniplanar polarization diversity antenna for wide band systems,” IET Microw. Antennas Propag.,vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 851–857, Jul. 2013.