TECHNIQUES USED FOR DETECTION OF SELFISH NODES IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS
Author’s Name : K P Shanmuga Priya
Volume 05 Issue 04 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 9 – 13
A MANET (Mobile Ad-hoc Network) is a self-configuring system of mobile nodes connected by wireless links. MANETs are self-configuring and decentralized without having a fix infrastructure. In such a network each node acts as an end system as well as a relay node (or router). Most of the routing algorithms designed for MANET such as AODV and DSR are based on the assumption that every node forwards every packet. But in practice some of the nodes may act as the selfish nodes. These nodes use the network and its services but they do not cooperate with other nodes. Such selfish nodes do not consume any energy such as CPU power, battery and also bandwidth for retransmitting the data of other nodes and they reserve them only for themselves. The original AODV and DSR routing algorithms can be modified to detect such selfish nodes. This paper discusses two techniques namely Reputation based technique and Credit based technique used to detect selfish nodes in MANET. This paper concentrate on two algorithms that are based on reputation based technique and one algorithm based on credit based technique. All the three techniques have been compared finally.
MANET, Selfish Nodes in MANET, Misbehaving Nodes in MANET, Cooperative System in MANET
- L. Buttyan and J. P. Hubaux, “Stimulating Cooperation in Self Organizing Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, in ACM Journal For Mobile Networks (MONET), Special Issue On Mobile Ad Hoc Network, 2003.
- Dave B. Johnson and David A. Maltz, “The dynamic source routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks”, in Internet Draft, Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Working Group, IETF, Oslo, Norway.
- David B. Johnson, David A. Maltz and John Broch, “DSR: The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Multi-Hop Wireless Ad hoc Networks” in Ad hoc Networking edited by Charles E. Perkins, Chapter 5, pp. 139-172. (2001)
- Ian D. Chakeres and Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer,” AODV Routing Protocol Implementation Design” Proceedings of the International Workshop on Wireless Ad Hoc Networking, Tokyo, Japan, March 2004.
- V. Srinivasan, P. Nuggehalli, C.F. Chiasserini and R.R Rao,” Cooperation in wireless Ad Hoc Network”, in IEEE INFOCOM,California,USA,2003.
- Zahara Safaei , Mohammad Hossein Anisi an Fatemeh Torgheh, “ A Reputation-Based Mechanisms to enforce Cooperation in MANETs”, Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks, 2008( SoftCOM 2008.) 16th International Conference on 25-27 Sept. 2008.
- Cenker Demir and Cristina Comaniciu , “An Auction based AODV Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks with Selfish Nodes”, IEEE International Conference