A NOVEL COMPACT ANTENNA WITH METAMATERIAL FOR WIRELESS APPLICATIONS
Author’s Name : SriPavani | S.V. Ramarao | M.S.S.S.Srinivas
Volume 06 Issue 01 Year 2019 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 4-7
The proposed design consists of a ring monopole and meta material Rectangular Complementary Split Ring Resonator (RCSRR) as the radiating part, two L and one T–shaped slot as the ground plane respectively. The antenna has good impedance matching, acceptable gain and stable radiation characteristics across the operational bandwidths. This designed antenna covers UWB frequency band of frequency 3.1-10.6GHz. By inserting inverted T-shaped stub and CSRR, triple notch characteristics of frequencies 4.4GHz,6.8GHz,9.2GHz are obtained for VSWR>2. To prevent interference with aeronautical communication, RFID, air borne radar applications, these structures are used to produce sharp rejections. The simulated results showed that proposed antenna has excellent performance in impedance bandwidth and radiation pattern. The simulations were done in ANSYS HFSS tool.
Meta Material, RCSRR, CSRR, RFID, UWB, impedance matching, notch
- Lin, Y. M., Yang, J. S., & Row, J. S. (2016). A design for suspended patch antenna with switchable polarization. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 58(6), 1333-1337.
- Zhang, X., Tian, M., Zhan, A., Liu, Z., & Liu, H. (2017). A frequency reconfigurable antenna for multiband mobile handset applications. International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering, 27(9).
- Chung, K., Kim, J., & Choi, J. (2005). Wideband microstrip-fed monopole antenna having frequency band-notch function. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 15(11), 766-768.
- Fan, R. G., Qian, Y. H., & Chu, Q. X. (2017). Frequency and pattern reconfigurable saline‐water antenna array. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 59(9), 2284-2289.
- Yan, Y., Ban, Y. L., & Wu, G. (2016). Dual-loop antenna with band-stop matching circuit for WWAN/LTE full metal-rimmed smartphone application. IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, 10(15), 1715-1720.
- Sung, Y. (2013). Triple band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using a modified H-shaped resonator. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 61(2), 953-957.
- Ahmad, A., Tahir, F. A., & Cheema, H. M. (2016). A compact uniplanar antenna for nine‐band LTE/WWAN operation in tablet computers. International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering, 26(6), 496-502.
- Sarkar, D., Srivastava, K. V., & Saurav, K. (2014). A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 13, 396-399.
- Barad, D., & Behera, S. (2017). Hybrid polarized microstrip antenna for multifrequency application. International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering.