ZIG-BEE BASED SMART HELMET FOR COAL MINERS
Author’s Name : R Arun Kumar | Divakar A | Renugadevi S | S Sankarananth | Subramani P | Thilaga V
Volume 01 Issue 03 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 13-17
A sensible helmet has been developed that is ready to notice of dangerous events in the mines trade. within the development of helmet, we’ve thought of the 3 main varieties of hazard like air quality, helmet removal, associate degreed collision (miners square measure affected by an object). the primary is that the concentration level of the dangerous gases such as CO, SO2, NO2, and material. The second dangerous event was classified as a labourer removing the mining helmet off their head. associate degree IR sensing element was developed unsuccessfully however associate degree off-the shelf IR sensing element was then accustomed with success confirm once the helmet is on the miner’s head. . The third venturesome event is outlined as an incident wherever miners ar stricken by associate object against the top with a force extraordinary a price of a thousand on the HIC (Head Injury Criteria). associate measuring system was accustomed live the acceleration of the top and therefore the HIC was calculated in software package. The layout of the visualization software package was completed, but the implementation was unsuccessful. Tests were with success done to calibrate the measuring system. PCB’s that were designed and created enclosed a break board and a example board. A whole computer code implementation was done supported Contiki OS so as to try and do the management of the activity of sensors and of calculations done with the measured values. This paper presents the undertaken style description solutions to problems raised in previous analysis.
air quality; mining; safety; wireless sensor networks; ZigBee,GPS system, vibration sensor, IR sensor
- AM Abu-Mahfouz and GP Hancke.An efficient distributed localisation algorithm for wireless sensor networks: based on smart reference-selection method, International Journal of Sensor Networks, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 94-111, May 2013.
- H.Hongjiang and W. Shuangyou,The application of ARM and ZigBee technology wireless networks in monitoring mine safety system,IEEE International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management (ISECS 2008), 3-4 Aug.2008, Guangzhou, pp. 430–433, 2008.
- R.Fisher,L.Ledwaba, G. P. Hancke and C. Kruger. ?Open Hardware: A Role to Play in Wireless Sensor Networks,Sensors, vol.15, no. 3, pp. 6818-6844, 2015.
- Contiki os.Available: http://www.contiki-os.org/.
- B.Silva,A.Kumar and G.P.Hancke,Experimental Link Quality Characterization of Wireless Sensor Networks for Underground Monitoring,IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1099-1110, Oct. 2015.
- A.Kumar and G.P.Hancke, ?Energy efficient environment monitoring system based on the IEEE802.15.4 standard for low cost requirements?, IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2557-2566, Aug. 2014.
- D.M.Han and J. H. Lim, Smart home energy management system using IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee, IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 1403-1410, Aug. 2010.
- C.P.Kruger and G. P. Hancke, Bench marking Internet Of Things devices, IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Informatics, pp. 611-616, July 2014.
- A.E.Forooshani, S. Bashir, D. G. Michelson and S. Noghanian, A survey of wireless communications and propagation modelling in underground mines, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1524-1545, Nov. 2013.
- C.P. Kruger and G. P. Hancke, Implementing the Internet of Things vision in industrial wireless sensor networks, IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Informatics, pp. 627-632, July 2014.
- K.Gill,S.H.Yang,F.Yao and X.Lu,A ZigBee-based home automation system, IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 422-430, May 2009.
- ZigBee Alliance, “Zigbee wireless standards. www.didgi.com/