A STUDY OF AUTOMATION IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES
Author’s Name : Sheeba | Dr S Jayaramam
Volume 01 Issue 04 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 15-16
Library automation is the general term for information and communications technologies. This paper discusses the aims, objectives and need for the change of library tools and technique under the changing environment in library and information science (LIS) This paper also explains simply the steps of software selection with the comparison in between some lending software helps in training and assistance for the library professionals.
Automation, Public library
- Abraham, j. (1996). Computers in modernizing library information system and service: perspectives of library automation” international library movement;18 (3); p
- Amjadali (1995) “ computerizing university libraries “university news: 33 (18)
- Calcutta library network (cabinet) software: new Delhi.
- Chary, m.k approach to library automation : some basic issues, seminar papers
- DESIDOC software team Sonja automated CAD/ ISIS Package for library automation.
- Guha, B., A report on feasibility study on automation and networking of library.
- G.W. King et al Automation and the library of congress, a survey sponsored by CLR, Library congress, Washington, D.C., 1994.
- Definition and purposes of a library October 23, 1995.