INVESTIGATIONS ON BATTERY CHARGING SYSTEM FOR ELECTRICAL VEHICLE APPLICATIONS
Author’s Name : K Chitra
Volume 02 Issue 03 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 28-31
The electrical vehicles have become the research focus for the environment-friendly characteristics in recent years. As the core technology of the EVs, the battery technology influences the development of the EVs. The hybrid energy storage system can increase the life span of the batteries by improving their working condition, and how to shorten the charging time is also concerned. Two technologies are analyzed in this paper, and a control method for the fast charging of the batteries is proposed. Hybrid energy storage is utilized to maintain the stability of the system. At last, a simulation model is established in Matlab/simulink to test, and the results verified the validity of the proposed control system.
- Kempton W,Tomic J, “Vehicle-to-grid power implementation from stabilizing the grid to supporting large-scale renewable energy,” Journal of Power Sources,2005,144 (1) :280-294.
- Kempton W,Tomic J,Letendre S,et al, “Vehicle-to-grid power:battery, hybrid, and fuel cell vehicles as resources for distributed electric power in california,” Davis,CA:Institute of Transportation Studies Report,2001.
- Fangcheng Liu,Jinjun Liu,Linyuan Zhou, “A Novel Control Strategy for Hybrid Energy Storage to relieve battery stress,” Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG), 2010 2nd IEEE International Symposium on, 2010, Page(s): 929 – 934.
- Garcia, F.S. Ferreira, A.A. Pomilio, J.A, “Control Strategy for Battery-Ultra capacitor Hybrid Energy Storage System,” Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 2009. APEC 2009. Twenty-Fourth Annual IEEE, 15-19 Feb. 2009, page(s): 826 – 832.
- Yu Zhang, Zhenhua Jiang, Xunwei Yu, “Control Strategies for Battery-Super capacitor Hybrid Energy Storage Systems,” Energy 2030 Conference, 2008. ENERGY 2008. IEEE, 17-18 Nov. 2008, page(s):
- M.van Voorden, Laura M.Ramirez.Elizondo, Gerard.C.Paap, Jody.Verboomen and Lou.van.der.Sluis, “The Application of Super Capacitors to relieve Battery-storage systems in Autonomous Renewable Energy Systems,” Power Tech, 2007 IEEE Lausanne, 1-5 July 2007, page(s): 479 –484.
- Divya. K.C, Ostergaard.Jacob, “Battery energy storage technology for power systems—an overview,” Electric Power Systems Research, 2009, 79 (4) page(s): 511-520.
- Khaligh, A, Zhihao Li, “Battery, Ultra capacitor, Fuel Cell, and Hybrid Energy Storage Systems for Electric, Hybrid Electric, Fuel Cell, and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles: State of the Art,” Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on Volume: 2010 , Page(s): 2806-2814
- Eric C. Darcy, “Investigation of the Response of NiMH Cells to Burp Charging,” A Dissertation Presented to the Faculty of the Chemical Engineering – University of Houston, December 1998.
- W. B. BurLen and J. H. Big, U.S. patent No. 3597613.  W. B. BdettandR.V. Ladrson, U. S.Patent No. 3614583.