INTEGRATED PHOTOVOLTAIC AND DYNAMIC VOLTAGE RESTORER WITH NINE SWITCH POWER CONVERTER FOR POWER QUALITY ENHANCEMENT
Author’s Name : R ArulPrakash | R Subramanian | C Ramakrishnan
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 7-12
The paper presents the new system configuration of integrated PV system with the self-supported Dynamic Voltage Restorer. The “six-port converter” has nine semiconductor switches. It will decreasing the over all switch count from twelve to nine and also to improve the system ability against the symmetrical/asymmetrical faults and voltage sag. The six-port converter operational modes are presented. The control algorithm is developed with proposed configuration under different operating condition.
Bidirectional power flow, Photovoltaic (PV) System, Power Quality Enhancement, Voltage Sag, Faults
- L. Zhang, P. C. Loh, and F. Gao, “An integrated nine-switch power conditioner for power quality enhancement and voltage sag mitigation,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1177–1190, Mar.2011.
- J. A. Martinez and J. M. Arnedo, “Voltage sag studies in distribution networks—Part I: System modeling,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol.21, no. 3, pp. 338–345, Jul. 2006.
- S. S. Choi, J. D. Li, and D. M. Vilathgamuwa, “A generalized voltage compensation strategy for mitigating the impacts of voltage sags/swells,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 2289–2297, Jul. 2005.
- M. Azizi, A. Fatemi, M. Mohamadian, and A. Y. Varjani, “Integrated solution for microgrid power quality assurance,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 992–1001, Dec. 2012.
- H. K. Al-Hadidi, A. M. Gole, and D. A. Jacobson, “Minimum power Operation of cascade inverter-based dynamic voltage restorer,” IEEE Trans.Power Del., vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 889–898, Apr. 2008.
- J. D. Li, S. S. Choi, and D. M. Vilathgamuwa, “Impact of voltage phase jump on loads and its mitigation,” in Proc. 4th Int. Power Electron. Motion Control Conf., Xian, China, Aug. 14–16, 2004, vol. 3, pp. 1762– 1766.
- IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control In Electrical Power Systems, IEEE Standard 519-1992, Apr. 1993, pp. 1–112.