A CLOSED LOOP CONTROL OF MODIFIED SEPIC CONVERTER FOR RENEWABLE APPLICATIONS
Author’s Name : K.Gangadharan
Volume 03 Issue 02 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 7-12
The high static gain step-up DC-DC converters based on the modified SEPIC converter are presented in this paper. The proposed topologies present low switch voltage and high efficiency for low input voltage and high output voltage applications. The configurations with magnetic coupling is presented and analyzed. The magnetic coupling allows the increase of the static gain maintaining a reduced switch voltage. The theoretical analysis and structures is suitable for high static gain applications as a renewable power sources with low DC output voltage. Simulation model is developed with an input voltage equal to 15 V and an output power equal to 100 W. The prototype with magnetic coupling operating with an output voltage equal to 300 V, presents efficiency at nominal power equal to 92.2%. PI controller based triggering system is developed for Modified SEPIC converter to maintain constant output voltage.
Renewable energy and automobile application
- Axelrod.B. Berkovich. Y and Ioinovici. A. (2008). ‘SwitchedCapacitor/Switched-Inductor Structures for Getting Transformer less Hybrid DC–DC PWM Converters’, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems – I: Regular Papers, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 687-696.
- .Fardoun. A. A. and Ismail. E. H. (2010). ‘Ultra Step-Up DC–DC Converter With Reduced Switch Stress’, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 46, no. 5, pp.2025-2034.
- Henn. G. Silva. R Praça. P, Barreto. L, Oliveira. D. (2010). ‘Interleaved Boost Conve rter with High Voltage Gain’, IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics, Nol. 25, No.11, pp. 2753–2761.
- Ismail. E. H. Al-Saffar. M. A. Sabzali. A. J. (2008). ‘A Family of Single-Switch PWM Converters With High Step-Up Conversion Ratio’, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems – I: Regular Papers, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 1159-1171.
- Kim. S. Seong, H. W. K. Park. B, Moon. G. W. (2005). ‘The Active Clamp SEPIC- Fly back Converter’, IEEE 36th Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2005 (PESC ’05), pp. 1209-1212.
- Kjaer. C. S. B. Pedersen.J. K. and Blaabjerg. F., (2005). ‘A Review of Single-Phase Grid-Connected Inverters for Photovoltaic Modules’, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 1292-1306.
- Li. C. W and He. W. (2011). ’Review of Non-Isolated High Step-Up DC-DC Converters in Photovoltaic Grid-Connected Applications’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp.1239-1250.
- Li. W and He. X (2007). ‘An Interleaved Winding-Coupled Boost Converter with Passive Lossless Clamp Circuits’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 22, No.4, pp. 1499- 1507.
- Li. W and He. X (2008). ‘A Family of Interleaved DC–DC Converters Deduced From a Basic Cell With Winding Cross-Coupled Inductors (WCCIs) for High Step-Up Or Step-Down Conversions’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 1791-1801
- Li. W. Zhao. Y. Deng. Y and He. X. (2010). ‘Interleaved Converter with Voltage Multiplier Cell for High Step-Up and High-Efficiency Conversion’, IEEE Transaction son Power Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 2397- 2408
- Meneses. D. Blaabjerg. F. Garcia. O and Cobos.J. A. (2013). ‘Review and Comparison of Step-Up Transformer less Topologies for Photovoltaic AC-Module Application’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 2649- 2663.
- Prudente. M. Pfitscher. L. L and Emmendoerfer.G. (2008). ‘Voltage Multiplier Cells Applied to Non-Isolated DC–DC Converters’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No 2, pp. 871-887.
- Roger Gules (2015). ‘A modified sepic converter with high static gain for Renewable applications’ Walter Meneghette dos Santos, Flavio Aparecido dos Reis, Eduardo Felix Ribeiro Romaneli and Alceu André Badin.
- Tofoli. F. L. Oliveira. D. S and Torrico-Bascope.R. P. (2012). ‘Novel Non isolated High-Voltage Gain DC–DC Converters Based on 3SSC and VMC’,IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp. 3897- 3907
- Wai. R. J and Duan. R. H,. (2005). ‘High-efficiency Power Conversion for Low Power Fuel Cell Generation System’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 20, No.5, pp. 847-856.
- Yang. L. S. Liang. T. J. and Chen. J. F. (2009). ‘Transformer less DC–DC Converters with High Step-Up Voltage Gain’, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 8, pp. 3144-3152.
- Zhou. D. Pietkiewicz. A. and Cuk. S. (1999). ‘A Three-Switch High-Voltage Converter’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 177-183.
- Zhao. Q and Lee. F. C. (2003). ‘High-efficiency, high step-up DC–DC Converters’, IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 65–73.