IMPLEMENTATION OF STATE OF CHARGE BASED ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR ENABLING INTEGRATION OF SOLAR POWER GENERATION
Author’s Name : S.Angeline Sreeja | O.Nithya | M.Chelliah | T.Sudhakar
Volume 03 Issue 03 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 26-30
The photovoltaic power generation is a distributed resource whose output change extremely rapidly ,resulting in power quality issues. To overcome the power quality issues “Battery energy storage systems” are used to integrate solar power for both grid-connected mode and autonomous mode. 1. The battery model with open circuit voltage as a function of State of Charge (SoC). 2. Closed loop feedback control strategies of the battery system are developed for microgrid for both operation modes. At the grid-connected mode, power control is employed while at the autonomous mode voltage and frequency control is employed, this operation is executed through SoC measurement.
photovoltanic power, grid-connected, SoC, closed loop.
- N. Hatziargyriou, H. Asano, R. Iravani, and C. Marnay, “Microgrids,” IEEE Power Energy Mag., vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 78–94, Jul.–Aug. 2007.
- N. Hatziargyriou, “Microgrids [guest editorial],” IEEE Power Energy Mag., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 26–29, May–Jun. 2008.
- C. Smallwood, “Distributed generation in autonomous and nonautonomous micro grids,” in Proc. IEEE Rural Elect. Power Conf., 2002, pp. D1–D1_6.
- F. Katiraei, M. Iravani, and P. Lehn, “Micro-grid autonomous operation during and subsequent to islanding process,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 248–257, Jan. 2005.
- H. Karimi, H. Nikkhajoei, and R. Iravani, “Control of an electronically coupled distributed resource unit subsequent to an islanding event,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 493–501, Jan. 2008.
- G. Li, M. Yin, M. Zhou, and C. Zhao, “Modeling of VSC-HVDC and control strategies for supplying both active and passive systems,” in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. Gen. Meet., 2006.
- G. L. Soloveichik, “Battery technologies for large-scale stationary energy storage,” Annu. Rev. Chem. Biomol. Eng., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 503–527, 2011.
- M. Ceraolo, “New dynamical models of lead-acid batteries,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1184–1190, Nov. 2000.
- J. Dogger, B. Roossien, and F. Nieuwenhout, “Characterization of li-ion batteries for intelligent management of distributed grid-connected storage,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 256–263, Mar. 2011.
- P. Piagi and R. Lasseter, “Autonomous control of microgrids,” in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. Gen. Meet., 2006.