TRANSMISSION LINE FAULT ANALYSIS BY USING MATLAB SIMULATION
Author’s Name : Shyamveer Rajput | Dr K T Chaturvedi
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 12-14
Now-a-days the demand of electricity or power are increases day by day this results to transmits more power by increasing the transmission line capacity from one place to the other place. But during the transmission some faults are occurred in the system, such as L-L fault (line to line), 1L-G fault (single line to ground) and 2L-G fault (double line to ground). These faults affect the power system equipments which are connected to it. The main aim of this paper is to study or analysis of various faults and also identifies the effect of the fault in transmission line along with bus system which is connected to transmission line. This paper approaches to the MATLAB software in which transmission line model is designed and various faults will be occurred by using fault tool box which has discussed above. After that, various effects on bus system due to different faults are shown such as voltage, current, power along with the positive, negative and zero sequence components of voltage and current output in terms of waveforms.
L-L–Line to Line fault, 1L-G –Single Line to Ground fault, 2L-G Double Line to Ground fault
- Joaquin Pedra,Luis Sainz, Felipe Corcoles and Luis Guasch, “Symmetical and Unsymmetrical voltage sag effect on three phase transformer”, IEEE trans. Power delivery, vol.20,p.p. 1683-1691, April 2005.
- Math H.J. Bollen,”Voltage recovery after unbalanced and balanced voltage dips in three phase system”, IEEE tans. Power delivery, vol.18, p.p. 1376-1381, Oct.2003.
- Jhon P. Nelson, fellow,”System grounding and ground fault protection in the petrochemical industry: A need for a better understanding”, IEEE transaction on industry applications, vol.38, p.p.1633-1640, Nov. /Dec. 2002.
- M. Stankovic and Timur Aydin,”Analysis of asymmetrical fault in power system using dynamic phasor”, IEEE transactions on power system, vol.15, p.p. 1062-1068, August 2000.
- Gerard us C.Paap,”Symmetrical component in the time domain and their application to power network calculation,” IEEE Transaction on Power System, vol.15, p.p. 522-528, May 2000.
- Manju, Sooraj Maharana, Chandrakant Sharma,” Fault Analysis of Transmission Line Approach to MATLAB Simulation.” Taraksh Journal of Web Services Volume 1 Issue 1, 2014.