A NOVEL SINGLE-STAGE LIGHT EMITTING DIODE DRIVER FOR STREET-LIGHTING APPLICATIONS WITH POWER FACTOR CORRECTIONS
Author’s Name : Y Prasanna Krishna | G Ravindra Reddy | V Suresh
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 12-20
In this paper, a novel single-stage light emitting diode (LED) driver for street lighting applications with power factor corrections (PFC) is proposed. The presented driver integrates a customized bridgeless PFC ac-dc converter with a half-bridge type LLC dc-dc resonant converter into a single-stage conversion circuit topology. The proposed ac-dc resonant driver provides input current shaping, and it offers quality of lowered switching losses to the soft-switching functions obtained on two power switches and two output-rectifier diodes. The proposed model is designed and simulated in software called MATLAB/SIMULATION and the results shows that the performance of the novel single stage light emitting diode driver.
Light emitting diode (LED),Power factor correction (PFC),Street lighting,Matlab Simulation Results
- E. F. Schubert, Light-Emitting Diodes. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2006.
- C. L. Kuo, T. J. Liang, K. H. Chen, and J. F. Chen, “Design and implementation of high frequency AC-LED driver with digital dimming,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuit Syst., 2010, pp. 3713–3716.
- C. S. Moo, Y. J. Chen, and W. C. Yang, “An efficient driver for dimmable LED lighting,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 4613–4618, Nov. 2012.
- R. L. Lin, Y. C. Chang, and C. C. Lee, “Optimal LED array combination for single-loop CCM buck-boost driver,” IEEE Trans Ind. Appl., vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 761–768, Mar./Apr. 2013.
- H. J. Chiu and S. J. Cheng, “LED backlight driving system for large-scale of LCD panels,” IEEE Trans Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2751–2760, Oct. 2007.
- J. M. Alonso, J. Vina, D. G. Vaquero, G. Martinez, and R. Osorio, “Analysis and design of the integrated double buck-boost converter as a high power-factor driver for power-LED lamps,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1689–1697, Apr. 2012.
- K. I. Hwu, Y. T. Yau, and L. L. Lee, “Powering LED using high-efficiency SR fly back converter,” IEEE Trans Ind. Appl., vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 376–386, Jan./Feb. 2011.
- S. Y. R. Hui and Y. X. Qin, “General photo-electro-thermal theory for light-emitting diodes (LED) systems,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1967–1976, Aug. 2009.
- G. Sauerlander, D. Hente, H. Radermacher, E. Waffen schmidt, and J. Jacobs, “Driver electronics for LEDs,” in Proc. IEEE Ind. Appl. Soc. Annu. Meeting, 2006, pp. 2621–2626.
- Y. S. Chen, T. J. Liang, K. H. Chen, and J. N. Juang, “Study and implementation of high frequency pulse LED driver with self-oscillating circuit,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuit Syst., 2011, pp. 498–501.
- Y. J. Chen, W. C. Yang, C. S. Moo, and Y. C. Hsieh, “A high efficiency driver for high-brightness white LED lamp,” in Proc. IEEE TENCON Conf., 2010, pp. 2313–2317.
- C. Y. Wu, T. F. Wu, J. R. Tsai, Y. M. Chen, and C. C. Chen, “Multi string LED backlight driving system for LCD panels with color sequential display and area control,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 3791–3800, Oct. 2008.
- S. Y. R. Hui, S. N. Li, X. H. Tao, W. Chen, and W. M.Ng, “A novel passive off-line light-emitting diode (LED) driver with long lifetime,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 2665–2672, Oct. 2010.
- LED lighting solutions. ON Semiconductor. pp. 1–48. Mar. 2013. [Online]. Available: http://www.onsemi.cn /pub link/Collateral/BRD8034-D.PDF.
- D. G. Lamar, J. S. Zuniga, A. R. Alonso, M. R. Gonzalez, and M. M. Hernando, “A very simple control strategy for power factor corrections driving high-brightness LEDs,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 2032–2042, Aug. 2009.
- Energy-efficient solutions for offline LED lighting and general illumination. STMicroelectronics Brochure. Pp.1-27. [Online]. Available: http://www.mouser.com/pdf Docs /STMicro_OFFLINEGENERAL_ILLUMINATION_A.pdf.
- M. Arias, D. G. Lamar, F. F. Linera, D. Balocco, A. A. Diallo, and J. Sebastian, “Design of a soft-switching asymmetrical half-bridge converter as second stage of an LED driver for street lighting application,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1608–1621, Mar. 2012.
- M. Arias, D. G. Lamar, J. Sebastian, D. Balocco, and A. Diallo, “High efficiency LED driver without electrolytic capacitor for street lighting,” IEEE Trans Ind. Appl., vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 127–137, Jan./Feb. 2013.
- X. Long, R. Liao, and J. Zhou, “Development of street lighting system based novel high-brightness LED modules,” IET Optoelectron., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 40–46, Feb. 2009.
- C. A. Cheng, H. L. Cheng, C. H. Chang, F. L. Yang, and T. Y. Chung, “A single-stage LED driver for street-lighting applications with interleaving PFC feature,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Next-Generation Electron. 2013, pp. 150–152.
- High-pressure sodium lamps- VIALOX NAV-E technical information, OSRAM, pp. 1–6. [Online]. Available: http://www.osram.com/media/resource/hires/343306/family-vialox-nav-e.pdf.
- 10000Lm LED Street Light Specification Model No. LM9003–003G/GT, AcBel Polytech, Inc., pp. 1–10, 2010. [Online]. Available: http://www.acbel.com/ProductFile/ SPEC-LM9003–003G_GT(eng).pdf.
- S. C. Huang, L. L. Lee, M. S. Jeng, and Y. C. Hsieh, “Assessment of energy-efficient LED street lighting through large-scale demonstration,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Renewable Energy Res. Appl., 2012, pp. 1–5.
- C. C. Lin, L. S. Yang, and E. C. Chang, “Study of a DC-DC converter for solar LED street lighting,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Next-Generation Electron. 2013, pp. 461–464.
- G. C. Jane, C. C. Su, H. J. Chiu, and Y. K. Lo, “High-efficiency LED driver for street light applications,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Renewable Energy Res. Appl., 2012, pp. 1–5.
- C. Spini, “AN3106-48V-130W high-efficiency converter with PFC for LED street lighting applications,” ST Micro electron. Appl. Note, pp. 1–34, Sep. 2012.
- S. Hu. (2010, Nov.). 200 W AC/DC LED drivers. Texas Instruments. [Online]. pp. 1–4. http://www.ti.com/lit/ml/ slur086/slur086.pdf.
- R. L. Steigerwald, “A comparison of half-bridge resonant converter topology,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 174–182, Apr. 1988.