A ROLE OF UPFC FOR REACTIVE POWER IMPROVEMENT IN WIND FARM
Author’s Name : Mohamed Yousuf S | Shanmugavel V
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 21-24
At present, wind energy generation, utilization and its grid penetration is increased in worldwide. But wind generation is fluctuating due to time varying nature and causing stability problem. In power system, stability is one of the important factors for reliable power supply. In order to improve or maintain the reliable power, the real and reactive power has to be controlled or improved. In this paper, the reactive power improvement can be explained with FACTS device of UPFC (Unified Power Flow Controller) in wind farm model. Even utilizing some FACTS devices like SSSC, SVC, and STATCOM in the circuit, voltage regulation problems are raised. To overcome this problem, an UPFC device is adopted and explained in this paper. The internal control strategy is based on the series and shunt converters of UPFC. This model can be executed with MATLAB/SIMULINK software.
Reactive Power,UPFC,Control Stratagy
- Min Dai, Mohammad Nanda Marwali, Jin-Woo Jung, Ali Keyhani,“Reactive Power Improvement In Wind Park System Using Facts” Ieee Transactions On Power, Energy And Control Vol. 23, No. 1 February 2013
- Ashtosh Barua –“ Reactive Power Compensation using Unified Power Flow Controller”- International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET)-vol 3 – May 2015
- Wind Energy (2001)-Online http//www.wind-Energy.de/information
- N. G. Hingorani and L. Gyugyi,” Understanding FACTS”, IEEE Press, 1996.
- N. Dizdarevic, M. Majstrovic, and G. Andersson, “FACTS-based reactive power compensation of wind energy conversion system,” Paper accepted for presentation at 2003 IEEE Bologna PowerTech Conference, June 23-26, Bologna, Italy
- BindeshwarSingh,”Introduction to Facts Controllers In Wind Power Farms” International Journal Of Renewable Energy Research, Vol.2, No.2, 2012.
- María Paz Comech, Miguel García-Gracia, Susana Martín Arroyo and Miguel Ángel MartínezGuillén (2011),”Wind Farms and Grid Codes”,
- Daad-Saoud Z., “Application of STATCOMs to Wind Farms,” IEE Proc. Generation, Transmission and Distribution.Vol.145, No.5, pp.511-517, 1998.
- M. Noroozian et al., ”Use of UPFC for optimal power flow control,” IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1629-1634, Oct. 1997
- C.R.Fuerte-Esquivel, E.Acha, “Unified power flow controllere: a critical comparsion of Newton-Raphson UPFC algorithms in power flow studies”, IEE Proceedings on Generation, Transmission,Distribution, Vol. 144, No. 5, pp. 437– 443, Sept 1997.