A MODEL-BASED VALIDATION SCHEME FOR ORGAN SEGMENTATION IN CT SCAN
Author’s Name : J GodlyGini | J Anishkumar | A Adlin Arul
Volume 04 Issue 02 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 4-9
In a model-based validation scheme for organ segmentation in CT scan volumes, we propose a novel approach for accurate 3-D organ segmentation in the CT scan volumes. Instead of using the organ is prior information directly in the segmentation process, here we utilize the knowledge of the organ to validate a large number of potential segmentation component analysis approach using which the fidelity of each segment to the organ is measured. The applications of the proposed method for the 3-D segmentation of human kidney and liver in computed tomography scan volumes. Implementation is the stage of the project where the theoretical design is turn in to a working system. This project is implemented in the software of MATLAB simulation language using 7.10.0(R2010a) version outcomes that are generated by a generic segmentation process. For this, an organ space is generated based on the principal
Model-based segmentation, model-based validation, principal component analysis (PCA), statistical model generation
- HosseinBadakhshannoory and ParvanehSaeedi,” A Model-Based Validation Scheme for Organ Segmentation in CT Scan Volumes” IEEE Trans. Bio. Eng, Vol. 58, No. 9, Sept 2011.
- D. Comaniciu and P. Meer, “Mean shift: A robust approach toward feature space analysis,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 603–619, May 2002.
- H. Badakhshannoory and P. Saeedi, “Liver segmentation based on deformable registration and multi-layer segmentation,” in Proc. IEEE Int.Conf. Image Process., 2010, pp. 2549–2552.
- S. Pan and B. M. Dawant, “Automatic 3D segmentation of the liver from abdominal CT images: A level-set approach,” Proc. SPIE, vol. 4322, pp. 128–138, 2001.
- D. T. Lin, C. C. Lei, and S. W. Hung, “Computer-aided kidney segmentation on abdominal CT images,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Technol. Biomed., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 59–65, Jan. 2006.
- K. Seo, L. C. Ludeman, S. Park, and J. Park, “Efficient liver segmentation based on the spine,” Adv. Inf. Syst., vol. 3261, pp. 400–409, 2005.
- T. F. Cootes, C. J. Taylor, and D. H. Cooper, “Statistical models of appearance for medical image analysis and computer vision,” Proc. SPIE, vol. 4322, pp. 236–248, 2001.
- D. Kainmuller, T. Lange, and H. Lamecker, “Shape constrained automatic segmentation of the liver based on a heuristic intensity model,” 3D Segment. Clin.—MICCAI2007 Grand Challenge, pp. 109–116, 200