SINGLE DC SOURCE CASCADED H-BRIDGE MULTILEVEL INVERTER USING THREE PHASE TRANSFORMERS FOR THREE PHASE APPLICATIONS
Author’s Name : R Venkatesh
Volume 04 Issue 02 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 14-17
This paper proposes an H-Bridge Cascaded Three phase Multilevel Inverter. The proposed three phase Cascaded Multilevel Inverter makes use of single DC source. The proposed three phase Multilevel Inverter uses series connected three phase transformers so the number of single phase transformers used in traditional three phase Multilevel Inverter can be reduced. Hence the volume of the circuit is reduced, ease of control and flexibility of application. The switching losses and the harmonic components of the output voltage are reduced. The switching frequency of the proposed three phase Multilevel Inverter is equal to the fundamental frequency. Simulations are carried out to verify the performance of the proposed three phase Multilevel Inverter
H-Bridge Cascaded three phase multilevel inverter; single DC source; series connected three phase transformer and harmonics
- F.S.Kang, S. J. Park, M. H. Lee, and C. U. Kim, “An efficient multilevel synthesis approach and its application to a 27-level inverter,” IEEE Trans.Ind. Electron. vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1600–1606, Dec. 2005.
- M.H.Rashid, Power Electronics Handbook. New York: Academic, 2001, pp. 539-562.
- D.Krug, S. Bernet, S. S. Fazel, K. Jalili, and M. Malinowski, “Comparison of 2.3-kV medium-voltage multilevel converters for industrial medium-voltage drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2979–2992, Dec. 2007.
- A.Chen and X. He, “Research on hybrid-clamped multilevel-inverter topologies,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1898–1907, Dec. 2006.
- Y.Cheng, C. Qian, M. L. Crow, S. Pekarek, and S. Atcitty, “A comparison of diode-clamped and cascaded multilevel converters for a STATCOM with energy storage,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 53,no. 5, pp. 1512–1521, Oct. 2006.
- F.S. Kang, S. J. Park, S. E. Cho, C. U. Kim, and T. Ise, “Multilevel PWM inverters suitable for the use of stand-alone photovoltaic power systems,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 906–915, Dec. 2005.
- S.Kouro, J. Rebolledo, and J. Rodriguez, “Reduced switching-frequencymodulation algorithm for high-power multilevel inverters,” IEEE Trans.Ind. Electron. vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2894–2901, Oct. 2007.
- S.Khomfoi and L. M. Tolbert, “Fault diagnosis and reconfiguration for multilevel inverter drive using AI-based techniques,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2954–2968, Dec. 2007.
- J. Rodriguez, S. Bernet, B. Wu, J. O. Pontt, and S. Kouro, “Multilevel voltage-source-converter topologies for industrial medium-voltage drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2930–2945,Dec. 2007.
- S. Daher, J. Schmid, and F. L. M. Antunes, “Multilevel inverter topologies for stand-alone PV systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 2703–2712, Jul. 2008.
- J. S. Lai and F. Z. Peng, “Multilevel converters—A new breed of power converters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 509–517,May/Jun. 1996.
- C. Newton and M. Sumner, “Multi-level converters a real solution to medium/high-voltage drives?” Power Eng. J., pp. 21–26, Feb. 1998.