FIELD CONTROLLED DC DRIVE USING MOSFET BASED CHOPPER CONTROL
Author’s Name : R Venkatesh
Volume 04 Issue 02 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 18-19
DC Motor plays a vital role as drives in the Automation industries. The speed of the drives needs to be controlled according to its applications. Generally the speed control of DC motors is carried out in two ways namely Armature control and Field control methods. Armature control method is adopted while the speed of the drive is below rated speed and field control method for the above rated speed. The project is carried out to design and analyze the soft switching variable speed drive for 18W DC Shunt motor. Type of speed control used in proposed system is field current control and the type of speed drive is MOSFET based chopper. The duty cycle of the chopper drive is varied by PIC Microcontroller. Soft switching variable speed drive paves the way for modernization of speed control of DC motor. The proposed method of soft switch drive will provide fine variations of speed.
Chopper; PWM technique
- Ms.S.R.Bhagwatkar 1, Mr.A.P. Dhande2, Student, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunication, P.R.Patil college of Engg. and Technology, Amravati, India 1, Professor, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunication, P.R.Patil college of Engg. and Technology, Amravati,India2, A Review on Automatic Closed Loop Speed Control of a DC Motor, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 1, January 2015.
- Mohd Amir Fikri Bin Awang, A Thesis Submitted in Fulfillment for the Requirement Award of the degree of, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering University, DC Motor Speed Controller, Malaysia Pahang November, 2010.
- Nurul Izzati Binti Pandak Jabo, Speed Control of DC Motor Using PID Controller Implementation with visual Basic,This thesis is submitted as partial fulfillment of the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Hons.) (Electronics) Faculty of Electrical & Electronics Engineering University Malaysia Pahang November, 2008.
- Praveen Kumar Nambisan.T.M1, Dr.B.N.Sarkar2, PG Student [Power Electronics], Dept. of EEE, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, Karnataka, India1, Professor, Dept. of EEE, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, Karnataka, India2, Study of Speed Control of DC Series Motor Using DC Chopper International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, vol. 3, issue 8, august 2014.
- K.A.Wadile1, S.R.Chillarge2, D.D.Jadhav3, Pravara Rural Engineering College Loni, Ahmednagar (M.S.), India, Speed Control and Direction Control of Dc Motor Using Arm7 International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, Volume 4 Issue 2 February 2015