“A MULTIPLE –FREQUENCY INVERTER FOR INDUCTION HEATING APPLICATIONS”
Author’s Name : Benazir Bushra
Volume 04 Issue 03 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 1-3
This project presents a multiple-frequency resonant inverter for induction heating applications. By adopting a center tap transformer, the proposed resonant inverter can give load switching frequency as twice as the IGBT switching frequency. The structure and the operation of the proposed topology are described in order to demonstrate how the output frequency of the proposed resonant inverter is as twice as the switching frequency of isolated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs). In addition to this, the IGBTs in the proposed topology work in zero voltage switching during turn-on phase of the switches. The new topology are verified by the experimental results using a prototype for induction heating applications. Moreover, increased efficiency of proposed inverter is verified by comparison with conventional designs.
Resonant Inverter, Multiple Frequency, Center Tap Transformer, Induction Heating (IH), Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS)
- O. Lucia, P. Maussion, E. J. Dede, and J. M. Burdio, “Induction heating technology and its applications: past developments, current technology, and future challenges,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., vol. 61, pp. 2509-2520, May 2014.
- O. Lucia, J. M. Burdio, . Mill n, J. s. Acero, and L. A. Barragan, “Efficiency-oriented design of ZVS half-bridge series resonant inverter with variable frequency duty cycle control,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electron., vol. 25, no.7, pp. 1671-1674, Jul. 2010.
- J. M. Burdio, L. A. Barragan, F. Monterde, D. Navarro, and J. Acero, “Asymmetrical voltage-cancellation control for full-bridge series resonant inverters,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electron., vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 461-469, Mar. 2004.
- V. Esteve, E. Sanchis-Kilders, J. Jordan, E. J. Dede, C. Cases, E. Maset, J. B. Ejea, and A. Ferreres, “Improving the efficiency of IGBT series-resonant inverters using pulse density modulation,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 979-987, Mar. 2011.
- N.-J. Park, D.-Y. Lee, and D.-S. Hyun, “A power-control scheme with constant switching frequency in class-D inverter for induction-heating jar application,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1252-1260, Jun. 2007.
- O. Lucia, J. M. Burdio, I. Millan, J. Acero, and D. Puyal, “Load-Adaptive Control Algorithm of Half-Bridge Series Resonant Inverter for Domestic Induction Heating,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 3106-3116, Aug. 2009.
- L. A. Barragan, J. M. Burdio, J. . Artigas, D. Navarro, J. Acero, and D. Puyal, “Efficiency Optimization in ZVS Series Resonant Inverters With Asymmetrical Voltage-Cancellation Control,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1036-1044, Sep. 2005.