OPERATION AND CONTROL OF CASCADED H-BRIDGE-BASED INTERLINE DYNAMIC VOLTAGE RESTORER IN DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
Author’s Name : N Nagalakshmi | M Swathi | M L Dwarakanand
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 1-5
An interline dynamic voltage restorer (IDVR) is a new device for sag mitigation which is made of several dynamic voltage restorers (DVRs) with a common dc link, where each DVR is connected in series with a distribution feeder. During the sag period, active power can be transferred from a feeder to another one and voltage sags with long duration can be mitigated. IDVR compensation capacity, however, depends greatly on the load power factor, and a higher load power factor causes lower performance of IDVR. To overcome this limitation, a new idea is presented in this paper which enables reducing the load power factor under sag conditions and, therefore, the compensation capacity is increased. The proposed IDVR employs two cascaded H-bridge multilevel converters to inject ac voltage with lower total harmonic distortion and eliminates the necessity to low-frequency isolation transformers in one side. Then, experimental results on a scaled-down IDVR are presented to confirm the simulation results.
Back-to-back Converter, Cascaded H-bridge, Interline Dynamic Voltage Restorer (IDVR), Minimum Energy, Power Quality (PQ),Voltage Sag
- P. F. Comesana, D. F. Freijedo, J. D. Gandoy, O. Lopez, A. G. Yepes, and J. Malvar, “Mitigation of voltage sags, imbalances and harmonics in sensitive industrial loads by means of a series power line conditioner,” Elect. Power Syst. Res., vol. 84, pp. 20–30, 2012.
- A. Felce, S. A. C. A. Inelectra, G. Matas, and Y. Da Silva, “Voltage sag analysis and solution for an industrial plant with embedded induction motors,” in Proc. IEEE Ind. Appl. Soc. Conf. Annu. Meeting., 2004, vol. 4, pp. 2573–2578.
- A. Sannino, M. G. Miller, and M. H. J. Bollen, “Overview of voltage sag mitigation,” in Proc. IEEE Power Eng. Soc. Winter Meeting, 2000, vol. 4, pp. 2872–2878.
- E. Babaei, M. F. Kangarlu, and M. Sabahi, “Mitigation of voltage disturbances using dynamic voltage restorer based on direct converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2676–2683, Oct. 2010.
- H. K. Al-Hadidi, A. M. Gole, and D. A. Jacobson, “A novel configuration for a cascade inverter-based dynamic voltage restorer with reduced energy storage requirements,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 881–888, Apr. 2008.
- D. M. Vilathgamuwa, A. A. D. R. Perera, and S. S. Choi, “Voltage sag compensation with energy optimized dynamic voltage restorer,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 928–936, Jul. 2003.