IMPROVEMENT OF TRANSIENT RESPONSE OF A DC GRID-BASED WIND POWER GENERATION SYSTEM IN A MICRO GRID
Author’s Name : P Devika | M Rama Subbamma
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 6-11
This paper presents the design of a dc grid-based wind power generation system in a poultry farm. The proposed system allows flexible operation of multiple parallel-connected wind generators by eliminating the need for voltage and frequency synchronization. A model predictive control algorithm that offers better transient response with respect to the changes in the operating conditions is proposed for the control of the inverters. The design concept is verified through various test scenarios to demonstrate the operational capability of the proposed micro grid when it operates connected to and is landed from the distribution grid, and the results obtained are discussed.
Wind Power Generation, DC Grid, Energy Management, Model Predictive Control
- M. Czarick and J.Worley, “Wind turbines and tunnel fans,” Poultry Housing Tips, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1–2, Jun. 2010.
- The poultry guide: Environmentally control poultry farm ventilation systems for broiler, layer, breeders and top suppliers. [Online]. Available: http://thepoultryguide.com/poultry-ventilation/
- Livestock and climate change. [Online]. Available: http://www.worldwatch.org/files/pdf/Livestock%20and%20Climate%20Change.pdf.
- Farm Energy: Energy efficient fans for poultry production.[Online].Available: http://farmenergy.exnet.iastate.edu.
- A. Mogstad, M. Molinas, P. Olsen, and R. Nilsen, “A power conversion system for offshore wind parks,” in Proc. 34th IEEE Ind. Electron., 2008, pp. 2106–2112.
- A. Mogstad and M. Molinas, “Power collection and integration on the electric grid from offshore wind parks,” in Proc. Nordic Workshop Power Ind. Electron., 2008, pp. 1–8.
- D. Jovic, “Offshore wind farm with a series multi terminal CSI HVDC,” Elect. Power Syst. Res., vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 747–755, Apr. 2008.
- X. Lu, J. M. Guerrero, K. Sun, and J. C Vasquez “An improved droop control method for DC micro grids based on low bandwidth communication with DC bus voltage restoration and enhanced current sharing accuracy,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1800–1812, Apr. 2014.
- T. Dragicevi, J. M. Guerrero, and J. C Vasquez, “A distributed control strategy for coordination of an autonomous LVDC microgrid based on power-line signaling,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 3313–3326, Jul. 2014.
- N. L. Diaz, T. Dragicevi, J. C. Vasquez, and J. M. Guerrero, “Intelligent distributed generation and storage units for DC micro grids—A new concept on cooperative control without communications beyond droop control,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 2476–2485,Sep. 2014.