HIGH PERFORMANCE PERMANENT MAGNET SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR CONTROL USING PIC MICRO CONTROLLER
Author’s Name : Vivek Kumar V | Thangarajan K
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 5 – 7
This paper deals with the design and implementation of a PMSM drive control system, considering a PIC-based controller. The PMSM drive is simulated and tested through the software MATLAB. As in any high-performance AC electric drive system, field oriented control is applied. The complete control system is distributed in three control loops, namely torque, speed and position. A standard PIC control system, and a hybrid control system based on fuzzy logic, are implemented and tested. The natural variation of motor parameters, such as winding resistance and magnetic flux, are also simulated. Comparisons between the two control schemes are carried out for speed and position control using different error measurements, such as, integral square error, integral absolute error and root mean squared error. Comparison results show a superior performance of the PIC-based controller when coping with parameter variations, and by reducing torque ripple, but the results are reversed when periodical torque disturbances are present.
- S. H. Chang, P. Y. Chen, Y. H. Ting and S. W. Hung, “Robust current control-based sliding mode control with simple uncertainties estimation in permanent magnet synchronous motor drive systems,” IET Electric Power Appl., vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 441-450,2010.
- K. Hongryel, S. Jubum, and L. Jangmyung, “A high-speed sliding-mode observer for the sensorless speed control of a PMSM,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 4069-4077,2011.
- F. J. Lin, I. F. Sun, K. J. Yang, and J. K. Chang, “Recurrent fuzzy neural cerebellar model articulation network fault-tolerant control of six-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor position servo drive,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst.,2016.
- X. J. Ma, Y. X. Yu, H. Q. Zhang, W. Wang, and L. S. Liu, “Study on direct torque control of dual Y shift 30 degree six-phase PMSM,” pp. 1964-1968,2015.
- X. G. Zhang, L. Z. Sun, K. Zhao and L. Sun, “Nonlinear speed control for PMSM system using sliding-mode control and disturbance compensation techniques,” 1358-1365,2013.
- A. R. Ghafari-Kashani, J. Faiz and M. J. Yazdanpanah, “Integration of non-linear H8 and sliding mode control techniques for motion control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor.
- T. S. Lee, C.H. Lin, F.J. Lin, “An adaptive H8 controller design for permanent magnet synchronous motor drives,” Control Eng. Pract., vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 425-439,2005.
- C. Zheng, Y. Bin and Q. F. Wang, “Accurate motion control of linear motors with adaptive robust compensation of nonlinear electromagnetic field effect,” IEEE Trans. Mechatronics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1122-1129, 2013.
- M. Zbynek, V. Libor and V. Pavel, “PMSM model predictive control with field-weakening implementation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 5156-5166,2016.
- H. X. Liu and S. H. Li, “Speed control for PMSM servo system using predictive functional control and extended state observer,” IEEE Trans.