SIMULATION STUDY OF HARMONICS OF AN INDUCTION MOTOR DRIVE AND ELIMINATION OF HARMONICS
Author’s Name : Dr.A.H .THEJASWI | S.ABHISHEK
Volume 06 Issue 01 Year 2019 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 5-9
The advancement of the semiconductor devices in the recent years made to control the induction motors drives used in the various industries. The various semiconductor devices used in the control circuit of various devices are thyristor, MOSFET, IGBT, etc. The control circuit consists of the semiconductor devices generate the harmonics as well as distort the input waveform of the drive .It is necessary to reduce the amount of distorted waveform given to device to achieve better performance . In this project, an attempt has been made to study about the harmonic estimation of induction motor drive using simulation software using Simulink tool of Matlab. The induction motor is modeled using simulation tool and it is supplied by a three-phase Voltage Source Inverter (VSI). The output of three-phase VSI is subjected to the harmonic analysis in terms of the THD. The SVPWM technique and LC passive filter is proposed to reduce the amount of distortion and also the attempt has been made for hardware implementation of the proposed system.
Harmonics, THD, Waveform Distortion
- Liu Weiguso. Zhou Xiwei. Liu G-equn, Wu Zhuanfeng Automation college, North-western polyotechnicallniversitv. Xi ‘an 710072. China.
- P. D. Ziogas, P. N. Enjeti, and J. F. Lindsay, “Programmed PWM techniques to eliminate harmonics: A critical evaluation,” in IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 26, pp. 302-316, Mar./Apr. 1990.
- C.M.Wu, Wing-hong Lau, Henry Shu-hung Chung, “Analytical Technique for Calculating the Output Harmonics of an H-Bridge Inverter with Dead Time,” IEEE Transactions on Circuit and System-I: Fundamental Theory and Applications .1999, 46(5):617-627
- Sukhminder Singh Grewal, Sidney R. Bowes, “Novel Space-Vector-Based Harmonic Elimination Inverter Control”, IEEE Transactions On Industrial Applications, Vol. 36, No. 2, March/April 2000.
- Salam, Z and Lynn, CT, “Algorithm for Near Optimal Harmonic Elimination PWM Based on Quadratic Approximation Method”, IECON’02, Seville, Spain, Nov 2002.