DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MODIFIED FUZZY PI CONTROLLER FOR BLDC MOTOR
Author’s Name : P Vivekanandan | M Anand | A Arvind | S Deepak | R Karupaiah
Volume 01 Issue 02 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 19-23
This paper presents performance of the Brushless DC Motor (BLDC) using modified fuzzy tuned PI controller. Usually fuzzy logic controllers are poor under transient conditions. To enhance the dynamic performance of the BLDC drive, a original implementation of speed controller based on modified fuzzy logic control is presented which is termed as modified fuzzy tuned PI controller. A complete simulation of closed loop BLDC drive using modified fuzzy tuned PI controller is simulated successfully using MATLAB / Simulink. The entire BLDC model simulation is divided in to the several independent functional modules such as BLDC module, current control module, PWM module, inverter module and so on. The simulation model of the BLDC motor simulation can be obtained by combining these modules. In order to verify the effectiveness of the modified fuzzy tuned PI controller, the simulation results are compared with other controller (PI and FPI controller). The simulation result shows modified fuzzy tuned PI controller has superior performance than PI and FPI controller.
BLDC, FLC, PI, FPI, Fuzzy tuned PI
- Ananthamoorthy N.P and Baskaran K (2013), ‘Modelling,Simulation and Analysis of Fuzzy Logic controllers for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive’International Review on Modelling and Simulationsvol.6,no.1 pp.75–82.
- Ananthamoorthy N.P and Baskaran K (2013), ‘Speed And Torque Control Of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Using Hybrid Fuzzy Proportional Plus Integral Controller’Journal of Vibration and Control,pp.1–17.
- Atef Saleh Othman Al-Mashakbeh (2009), ‘Proportional Integral and Derivative Control of Brushless DC Motor’, European Journal of Scientific Research, vol.35 no.2 pp.198-203.
- Bharathi.Y.H, B.R. Rekha, P. Bhaskar, C.S. Parvathi and A.B. Kulkarni (2008), ‘Multi-input Fuzzy Logic Controller for Brushless dc Motor Drives’, Defence Science Journal, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 147-158.
- Chung-Wen Hung, Jen-Ta Su, Chih-Wen Liu, Cheng-Tsung Lin and Jhih-Han Chen (2010), ‘Fuzzy Gain Scheduling PI Controller for a Sensorless Four Switch Three Phase BLDC Motor’, IEEE conference on Applied Power Electronics pp. 420-424.
- Dawid Makiela (2011), ‘Sensorless Control of High-Speed PM BLDC Motor’, IEEE conference on Industrial Electronics, pp. 722-727.
- Gencer. C and M. Gedikpinar (2006), ‘Modeling and simulation of BLDCM using MATLAB/ Simulink’, Journal of Applied Sciences 6(3). pp. 688-691.
- Juli Singh (2012), ‘Analysis The Speed Control Of BLDC Motor Drive Using Sensors’, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, pp. 2868-2884.
- MadhusudhanaRao. G, B.V.SankerRam, B.Smapath Kumar and K.Vijay Kumar (2010) ‘Speed Control of BLDC Motor Using DSP’, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 2(3), pp. 143-147.
- Mehmet Cunkas and Omer Aydogdu (2010), ‘Realization Of Fuzzy Logic Controlled Brushless Dc Motor Drives Using Matlab/Simulink’, Mathematical and Computational Applications, pp. 218-229 .
- Purna Chandra Rao. A, Y. P. Obulesh and Ch. Sai Babu (2012), mathematical modeling of BLDC motor with closed loop speed control using PID controller under various loading conditions’, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1321-1328
- Shekeena and P. V. R. L. Narasimham (2012), ‘Hybrid Control of Brushless DC Motor For Variable Speed Applications’ , International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research Vol 1 Issue 3, 492- 496.
- Si Xiaoping, Wang Jidong (2010), ‘A Vector-control System Based on Fuzzy Selftuning PID controller for PMSM’, IEEE conference on E-Product E-Service and E-Entertainment, pp. 1-4.
- Sonali U. Madankar and. M. A. Gaidhane (2011), ‘Study and Simulation of Fuzzy Logic Based Speed Control of Multi Level Inverter Fed PMBLDC Drives’, International conference on Advanced Computing, Communication and Networks’11, pp. 737-740
- Tan Chee Siong, Baharuddin Ismail, Siti Fatimah Siraj, Mohd Faridun Naim Tajuddin, Noor Shahida Jamoshid, MohdFayzul Mohammed (2010), ‘Analysis of Fuzzy Logic Controller for Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor Drives’, Proceedings of 2010 IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD 2010), 13 – 14 Dec 2010, pp. 436-431
- Tan Chee Siong, Baharuddin Ismail, Siti Fatimah Siraj, Mohd Faridun Naim Tajuddin, Noor Shahida Jamoshid, MohdFayzul Mohammed (2010), ‘Implementation of Fuzzy Logic Controller for Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor Drives’, proceeding IEEE International Conference on Power and Energy (PECon2010), pp. 462-467