EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF COMPOSITE SPRING DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING
Author’s Name : Vikas Sharma | Kanagaraj
Volume 01 Issue 03 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 19-22
This work deals with learning the latest trends in automobile sector and improvement in materials for Shock absorbers which are nothing but the suspensions and the objective is to compare these suspensions made on composite materials with the mono suspensions in vehicles and to determine their improvisation and performance. Various tests are done and their results are observed under tabulation. The resultant graphs are obtained from MANUAL TESTING in Bangalore and their performances are compared. It is proved that the suspensions made by composite materials are stronger than other conventional materials. These advanced components play a vital role to protect the automotive from sudden impacts and shocks. Hence, materials of suspensions should be strong and therefore composite materials are encouraged as they are both strong and light weight. The results are calculated by design data with calculations being done and graphs drawn to obtain the optimum values.
Manual Testing, Shock Absorbers, Spring, Crucial Element, Performance and Graphs, Composites
- FredericRatle, Benedict Lecarpentier, Richard Labib., Multi-Objective Optimization of a Composite Material Spring Design Using an Evolutionary Algorithm In: Computers Ind. Engage., Vol. 33, Nos 1-2 (1997) 71-76
- D. Abdul Budan, T.S. Manjunatha. Investigation on the Feasibility of Composite Coil Spring for Automotive Applications In: World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 70 2010.
- Gulur Siddaramanna Shiva Shankaran, Sambagam Vijayarangan. Mono Composite Leaf Spring for Light Weight Vehicle – Design, End Joint Analysis and Testing in: ISSN 1392–1320 MATERIALS SCIENCE. Vol. 12, No. 3. 2006.
- D. Abdul Budan, T.S. Manjunatha. , Carbon Fiber Reinforced Composite Coil Springs In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Advances in Industrial and Production Engineering 2011
- Senthilkumar.M, Vijayarangan.S, “Static analysis and fatigue life prediction of steel and composite leaf spring for light passenger vehicles”, Journal of scientific and industrial research, pp. 128-134, 2006.
- Shokreih.M, Davood Rezzaei, “Analysis and optimization of a composite leaf spring”, International journal of Composite structures, pp. 317-325, 2003.
- Siva Shankar.G, Vijayarangan.S, “Mono composite leaf spring light weight vehicle –Design, end joint analysis and testing”, International journal of material science, Vol 12, 2006.
- Senthilkumar.M, Vijayarangan.S,” Analytical and experimental studies on fatigue life prediction of steel and composite multi-leaf spring for light passenger vehicles using life data analysis”, International Journal of material science, Vol 13, 2007.
- Pankaj Saini. Ashish Goel. Dushyant Kumar. “Design and analysis of composite leaf spring for light vehicles”.International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol 2, Issue5, May 2013.
- Rajendra.L, Vijayarangan.S, “Optimal design of a composite leaf spring using genetic algorithms”, International journal of composite and structures, pp.1121-1129, 2001.
- Erol Sancaktar. Mathieu Gratton . “Design, analysis and optimization of composite leafs for light vehicle applications”, International Journal of Composite Structures, pp. 195-204. 1999.
- J. P. Hou, J.Y.Cherruault, I.Nairne, G. Jeronimidis, R. M. Mayer, “Evaluation of eye end design of composite leaf spring for heavy axle loads”, International journal of composite and structures, pp.351-358, 2007.
- Mahdi.E, Alkoles, O.M.S, Hamouda, A.M.S, Sahari, B.B, Yonus.R, Goudah, G, “Light composite elliptic springs for vehicle suspension”, International journal of composite structures. pp. 24-28, 2006.
- Goudah, Mahdi.E, Abu Talib.A.R, Mokhtar A.S, and Yunus.R “Automobile compression composite elliptic spring”, International journal of Engineering and Technology , Vol .3, pp 139-147 .2006.
- Abdul Rahim Abu Talib, Aidy Ali, Goudah.G, Nur Azida Che Lah, A.F.Golestaneh, “Developing a composite based elliptic spring for automotive applications”, International journal of Materials and Design , pp 475-484. 2010.
- C.Subramanian, S.Senthilvelan, “Short term flexural creep behaviour and model analysis of a glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic composite leaf spring. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, PP 3679- 3686.
- Ravikumar.V, Lalitha Narayana.R, Ch. Srinivas “Analysis of natural composite leaf spring” International Journal of Latest trends in Engineering and Technology, Vol 3. Issue 1, 2013.
- U.S.Ramakanth. K.Sowjanya. “Design and analysis of automotive multi –leaf spring using composite materials” International Journal of Mechanical Production Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 3, pp 155-162, 2013.
- Vivek Rai, Gaurav Saxena , “Development of a composite leaf spring for a light commercial vehicle”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Application, Vol.3, pp. 110-114 , 2013