PASSIVE VIBRATION CONTROL OF INBUILD STRUCTURE L-SHAPED BEAM BY USING VISCO-ELASTIC MATERIAL
Author’s Name : Ummidi Gopi | Dr Naveen Kumar
Volume 01 Issue 04 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 15-17
In this paper, Vibrations is a molecular phenomenon. Vibration plays an important role in machines and structures by improving performance & stability, reducing noise and increasing lifetime. At the same time vibrations of structures is major problem. Vibrations us everywhere and in most cases these vibrations are undesirable. they can lead to excessive wear. Vibration may results in the failure of machines or there critical components. Therefore vibration control is very important. passive vibration control refers to minimizing vibrations by the use of dampers, absorbers, stiffness, structural modification. Generally lead to viscos-elastic material to control vibrations simple, reliable and highly effective. Several polymers exhibit the viscoelastic properties of naturally dissipating vibratory energy into heat energy. This is way they are largely used in aerospace, aeronautical, automobile, civil structures, machine design industries to provide passive vibration damping. In this experiment, experimental model testing of L-shaped beam made of aluminum has been performed of obtain the mode shape & frequencies by using an analysis software. So the points of max strain energy have been observed using the software. Then later the viscoelastic material is applied to the points of max strain to reduce the vibrations passively.
Passive vibrations; Visco-Elastic material; Control
- Mechanical Vibrations 8th edition published by G K Grover(Author) new chand & bros,Roorkee,U.K.,India.
- A text book of Theory of Vibration with Applications 3rd edition(CBS) by W.T.Thomson.
- A handbook on mechanical engineering ,IES,GATE,PSUs & Other Competitive book by Made Easy.
- A Text book of Mechanical Vibrations by Rao V. Dukkipati & J.Srinivas of 3rd edition (Eastern Economy Editions).
- Microsoft powerpoint mech300_1_2.ppt Fundamentals of Vibration by Dr. Mostafa Ranjbar.