FROM CONCEPT TO IMPLEMENTING MODE OF SIX SIGMA:AN OVERVIEW
Author’s Name : Dr. Prabhakar Kaushik
Volume 02 Issue 01 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 14-16
Six Sigma Methodology is a kind of flexible approach which can change its path for solving any problem as per the requirement of the needs. It is a type of approach which is the combination to brainstorming the session as well as in designing and redesigning the process parameter and operating conditions. Six Sigma is a management oriented method to manage the man, machine and money collectively and take advantage of the available business assets. The concept was introduced to minimize and eliminate defects from a system whether manufacturing or service. In this section the author trying to define the different Six Sigma approaches and shows how these are correlated with each other in solving any problem. This paper is about the approach that an organization should withhold in implementing Six-Sigma.
Six-Sigma, Quality Management, Business Excellence, DMAIC, DMADV
- Agarwal, R., & Bajaj, N. (2008). Managing outsourcing process: applying six sigma. Business Process Management Journal, 14(6), 829–837.
- Cheng, J.-L. (2008). Implementing Six Sigma via TQM improvement: an empirical study in Taiwan. The TQM Journal, 20(3), 182–195.
- Dedhia, N. S. (2005). Six sigma basics. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 16(5), 567–574.
- Dhiraj, K., & Deepak, K. (2014). a Review of Six Sigma Approach?: Methodology , Obstacles and, 3(4), 1–5.
- Ehie, I., & Sheu, C. (2005). Integrating six sigma and theory of constraints for continuous improvement: a case study. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 16(5), 542–553.
- Gibbs, P., & Iacovidou, M. (2004). Quality as pedagogy of confinement: Is there an alternative? Quality Assurance in Education, 12(3), 113–119.
- Jaglan, P., Khanduja, D., & Kaushik, P. (2013). Capacity waste at thermal power plants in India: A six sigma perception. International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 8(1), 22–33.
- Kaushik, C., Shokeen, A., Kaushik, P., & Khanduja, D. (2007). Six Sigma Application for Library Services. DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology, 27(5), 35–39.
- Kaushik, P. (2011). Relevance of Six Sigma Line of Attack in SMEs: A Case Study of a Die Casting Manufacturing Unit. Journal of Engineering and Technology, 1(2), 107.
- Kaushik, P., & Khanduja, D. (2010). Utilising six sigma for improving pass percentage of students?: A technical institute case study. Educational Research and Reviews, 5(9), 471–483.
- Kaushik, P., & Mittal, K. (2015). Significance of Six Sigma Basics in a Manufacturing Unit: A Case Study. Progress in Management Sciences, 3(1).
- Khadijah, M., Bashayer, A., & Azrilah, A. (2016). Total Quality Management in saudi higher education. International Journal of Computer Applications, 135(4), 06–12.
- Miller, K. (2013). Quality management in education: Generic and personal perspectives. Seven Bridges Management Journal, (1), 50–61.
- Ng, E., Tsung, F., So, R., Li, T. S., & Lam, K. Y. (2005). Six Sigma approach to reducing fall hazards among cargo handlers working on top of cargo containers: a case study. International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 1(2), 188.
- O’Neill, M., & Duvall, C. (2005). A Six Sigma quality approach to workplace evaluation. Journal of Facilities Management, 3(3), 240–253.
- Qureshi, M. I. (2012). Customer Satisfaction Measurement and Analysis Using Six Sigma in Telecom Sector of Pakistan, 1(1), 53–68.
- Thomas, A. J., & Barton, R. (2006). Developing an SME based six sigma strategy. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 17(4), 417 – 434.
- Thomsett, M. C. (2005). Getting started in six Sigma. john wiley & sons, Inc.