PROGRESS IN PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF METHANOL PETROL BLENDS ON SI ENGINE
Author’s Name : Sunil Kumar Singh | Jitendra Raghuwanshi | Rana Manoj Mourya
Volume 02 Issue 01 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 17-20
Fossil fuel is the major source for the production of energy used today. Due to the continuous rise in the cost of fossil fuel and demand of pollution free environment and clean energy has also been increasing Alternative fuel has become very noticeable and has a relevant role to play for both CI & SI engines, so it is important to reduce down dependency of gasoline as a fuel. Many research and investigation have been done focusing on using alternative fuel and minimizing the effect on fuel consumption and increasing engine performance. The aim of this review is to analyze the engine performance parameter and future hope of introducing blend of petrol-methanol, petrol with all other alcohol derivatives in varying ratios in SI engine and analyze brake torque, brake power, equivalence air fuel ratio, indicated and brake thermal efficiencies, fuel consumption, volumetric and mechanical efficiency.
- Balki MK, Sayin C. The effect of compression ratio on the performance, emissions and combustion of an SI (spark ignition) engine fuelled with pure ethanol,methanol and unleaded gasoline. Energy 2014;71:194–201.
- Shahir SA, Masjuki HH, Kalam MA, Imran A, Ashraful AM. Performance and emission assessment of diesel–biodiesel–ethanol/ bioethanol blend as a fuel in diesel engines: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2015;48:62–78.
- Koc M, Sekmen Y, Topgul T, Yucesu HS. The effects of ethanol–unleaded gasoline blend on engine performance and exhaust emissions in a spark-ignition engine.Renewable Energy 2009;34:2101–6.
- M. Canaksi, AN. Ozsezen, E. Alptekin, Impact of alcohol-gasoline fuel blends on exhaust emission on an SI engine, Renewable Energy, 52: 111–117, 2013
- M. Canaksi, AN. Ozsezen, E. Alptekin, Impact of alcohol-gasoline fuel blends on exhaust emission on an SI engine, Renewable Energy, 52: 111-117, 2013.
- Balki MK, Sayin C, Canakci M. The effect of different alcohol fuel on the performance, emissions and combustion characteristic of a gasoline engine. Fuel 2014;115:901–6.
- “Methanol Basics.” Methanol Institute, Methanol Report. The Methanol Institute, n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2015.
- API Publication 4261,Alcohols, Ethers: A Technical Assessment of Their Application as Fuels and Fuel Components, July 1988
- “THE USE OF ALCOHOL MIXTURES AS GASOLINE ADDITIVES”, B.C. Davis & W.H. Douthit, Sun Refining & Marketing, NPRA AM-80-47, NPRA Annual Meeting, March 1980, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Arapatsakos CI, Karkan is AN, Sparis PD. Behavior of a small four-stroke engine using as fuel methanol gasoline mixtures. SAE technical paper No. 2003-32-0024; 2003.
- Reed TB,Lerner RM. Methanol: aversatile fuel for immediate use. Science 1973; 182 (4119): 1299–304.
- Olah GA. After oil and gas: methanol economy. Catal Lett2004;93(1–2):1–2.
- Vancoillie J, Demuynck J, Sileghem L, Van De Ginste M,Verhelst S. Comparison of there new able transportation fuels,hydrogen and methanol formed from hydrogen,with gasoline – engine efficiency study. Int J Hydrogen Energy2012;92: 628–36.
- Pellegrini L A, Soave G, Gamba S, Lange S. Economic analysis of a combined energy- methanol production plant. Appl Energy 2011; 88: 4891-7.
- Coal conversion and CO2 utilization. China Coal Research Institute; 2011. 09
- Uctug F G, Agrli S, Arikan Y, Avcioglu E. Deciding between carbon trading and carbon capture and sequestration: an optimisation based case study for methanol synthesis from syngas. J Environ Manag 2014; 132: 1–8.
- Masih A M M, Albinali K, De M ello L. Price dynamics of natural gas and the regional methanol markets. Energy Policy 2010; 38: 1372–8.
- Li H Q, Hong H, Jin H G, C ai R X. Analysis of a feasible polygeneration system for power and methanol production taking natural gas and biomass as materials. Appl Energy2010; 87: 2846–53.
- Arapatsakos CI, Karkanis AN, Sparis PD. Behavior of a small four-stroke engine using as fuel methanole gasoline mixtures. SAE technical paper No. 2003-32-0024; 2003
- Li J, GongCM, SuY, DouHL, LiuXJ. (Effect of injection and ignition timings on performance and emissions from a spark-ignition engine fueled with methanol). Fuel2010;89:3919–25
- M.Abu-zaid, O.Badean,and J.Yamin, (Effect of Methanol Addition on the performance of SI Engine), Energy & Fuels,18(1), 312-315,2004
- Biling A, Sezer I. (Effects of methanol addition to gasoline on the performance and fuel cost of spark ignition engine), Energ Fuel, 2008,Vol.22,(2782-2788).
- M.V. Mallikarjun and Venkata Ramesh Mamilla , ((Experimental Study of Exhaust Emissions & Performance Analysis of Multi Cylinder S.I.Engine When Methanol Used as an Additive )) , International Journal of Electronic Engineering .Vol. 1, N. 3 pp. 201- 212, India, 2009.
- J.W.G. Turner, R.J. Pearson, E. Dekker, B. Iosefa, K. Johansson, K. Bergstom, Extending the role of alcohols as transport fuels using iso-stoichiometric ternary blends of gasoline, ethanol and methanol, Appl. Energy 102 (2013),72–86.
- Tiegang Hu, yanjv Wei, Shenghua Liu, (Improvement of spark ignition (SI) Engine Combustion and Emission during Cold Start , Fueled with Methanol/Gasoline Blends), 18(1), 312-315,2004.