A CRITICAL REVIEW ON PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF HELICAL TUBES IN CAR RADIATOR
Author’s Name : Chaudhari Mehul P | Prof J M Patel
Volume 05 Issue 03 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 20-22
Radiator plays vital role in engine cooling. It is used to cool the engine. Car radiator is a heat exchanger which is used for cooling of car engines. Now a days Straight tubes heat exchangers are used in car radiator but helical tube heat exchanger has better advantages than straight tube or shell and type heat exchangers like it can accommodate a large heat transfer area in a small space, with high heat and mass transfer coefficients, also it has compact structure. In this paper, a comprehensive literature on the thermal behaviour of helical tubes in car radiator have been compiled and reviewed. Latest up to date literatures in terms of PhD and master thesis, Journal articles, conference proceedings have been reviewed. This paper aims to review some of these researches and compare the results obtained in previous studies.
Helical Tubes, Car Radiator, Heat Transfer Enhancement
- x.j. luo, parametric study of heat transfer enhancement on cross-flow heat exchangers, in chemical engineering and processing: process intensification, volume 121, 2017, pages 81-89, issn 0255-2701, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2017.07.014
- M. Moawed, Experimental study of forced convection from helical coiled tubes with different parameters, In Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 52, Issue 2, 2011, Pages 1150-1156, ISSN 0196-8904, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2010.09.009
- Amol Andhare V M Kriplani J P Modak Thermal Analysis of a Helical Coil Heat Exchanger International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE) ISSN: 2349-2163
- C. Oliet, A. Oliva, J. Castro, C.D. Pérez-Segarra, Parametric studies on automotive radiators, In Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 27, Issues 11–12, 2007, Pages 2033-2043, ISSN 1359-4311, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2006.12.006
- Ranam Prathyusha, G vinod reddy Flow Analysis on Automobile Radiator international journal and magazine of engineering an technology, management and research. ISSN No:2348-4845
- Pedro G. Vicente, Alberto Garcıá , Antonio Viedma, Heat transfer and pressure drop for low Reynolds turbulent flow in helically dimpled tubes, In International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 45, Issue 3, 2002, Pages 543-553, ISSN 0017-9310, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(01)00170-3
- C.X. Lin, M.A. Ebadian, Developing turbulent convective heat transfer in helical pipes, In International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 40, Issue 16, 1997, Pages 3861-3873, ISSN 0017-9310, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(97)00042-2
- Vijayaraghavan Srinivasan, Richard N Christensen, Experimental investigation of heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics of flow through spirally fluted tubes, In Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Volume 5, Issue 6, 1992, Pages 820-827, ISSN 0894-1777, https://doi.org/10.1016/0894- 1777(92)90126-P
- Prabhanjan, D.G. & Raghavan, Vijaya & Rennie, Timothy. (2002). Comparison of heat transfer rates between a straight tube heat exchanger and a helically coiled heat exchanger. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. 29. 185-191. 10.1016/S0735-1933(02)00309-3.